Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

LAPTOP for Martin PC

(1/2) > >>

Patrick Campbell:
Any recommendations for a touch screen laptop to run this with the Martin Dongle

Thanks guys and gals

TJ (Tom) Cornish:

--- Quote from: Patrick Campbell on February 14, 2018, 10:41:18 AM ---Any recommendations for a touch screen laptop to run this with the Martin Dongle

Thanks guys and gals

--- End quote ---
The larger the screen the better, and HiDPI if possible.  Nothing else matters very much - MPC doesn't take any significant computing power.

Steve Litcher:
+1 on what Tom said.

We bought a 13" Dell touchscreen (i5379) and I wish I would've purchased a 15" or 17" instead. It's coupled to a 24" Dell P2418HT monitor during larger shows, and that's great. But for smaller gigs, when we bring just the laptop, I wish the screen were slightly larger.

There's a Martin lighting guru who lives near us, and he's using a 7-8 year old AMD-based laptop with great results. Get the largest screen you can, and don't worry about too much else.

William Schnake:
Patrick, glad to hear you are going with M-PC.  If you need help I can get you in touch with Bob, my LD/Monitor guy.

Bill

Mike Karseboom:
If you have a spare iPad you can use that to increase your screen real estate.  If you set it up as a fader bank you can you can increase your independent fader banks from 1 to  2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version