ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Highest Output Powered Single 18" sub....  (Read 13736 times)

Jeff Foster

Re: Highest Output Powered Single 18" sub....
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2018, 03:52:45 PM »

What about Yamaha DXS18

I'll echo the suggestion to look at the Yamaha DXS18.  We got one for our portable church a few months back and it is very, very impressive.  I've used JBL PRX and QSC KW subs (to compare a couple others in that market segment) and I like the Yamaha sub better than either of those other options.   We use just one in a 600+ seat school auditorium each week and it easily fills the room.  If we didn't have to set up and tear down each week, I'd love to add a second one just for the added displacement.

We also went with the Yamaha DSR112's for tops, partly based on multiple posts here discussing how good they are.  They are arguably the best powered speakers in the segment, and the size, weight, and output all fit our needs very well.

The Yamaha stuff doesn't get as much press as the more common names, but they can easily keep up with, and even outperform, the more common offerings that are widely used nowadays.
Jeff Foster
Freelance system designer/installer

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2018, 05:37:55 AM »

Go to the gym and work out ( A Lot! ) . Then buy a Yorkville Ls2100p ;-)  http://yorkville.com/subwoofers/elite/product/ls2100p/

Douglas R. Allen

Callan Browne

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Rubix
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2018, 06:29:07 AM »

The 812's are a bit lighter/smaller than the 815's - I'm not sure if you've already considered them.

Both should also match up great with your srx728's if you need more than a pair of 18" subs, but want to leave the rest of the 'big rig' at home.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Melbourne Cover band: Rubix!

Chris Eddison

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2018, 06:49:43 AM »

Does the FBT X SUB 18SA fit the bill at all? I'm looking at replacing my set of 4 RCF ESW1018's (I never use all 4 at once!) and am toying with these as a much easier to shift alternative. I had the pleasure of mixing on an FBT Muse line array rig a couple of weeks ago and had previously dismissive of the brand, but the experience really changed my mind and i'm looking in to the brand further.
Might be worth a listen? I'd certainly be up for hearing more people's thoughts on them. There appears to be an FBT USA. This link is to the main website though;
http://www.fbt.it/en/products/xsub/x-sub-18sa

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2018, 01:07:42 PM »

Does the FBT X SUB 18SA fit the bill at all? I'm looking at replacing my set of 4 RCF ESW1018's (I never use all 4 at once!) and am toying with these as a much easier to shift alternative. I had the pleasure of mixing on an FBT Muse line array rig a couple of weeks ago and had previously dismissive of the brand, but the experience really changed my mind and i'm looking in to the brand further.
Might be worth a listen? I'd certainly be up for hearing more people's thoughts on them. There appears to be an FBT USA. This link is to the main website though;
http://www.fbt.it/en/products/xsub/x-sub-18sa

I share your experience with the Muse 210LA.  I have not heard the x-sub.  We should probably get a demo in.  Right now using Meyer 650R2's we already had.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2018, 01:07:42 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 25 queries.