ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual Projection AV System Dropping Signal  (Read 3259 times)

Chris Higson

Dual Projection AV System Dropping Signal
« on: February 06, 2018, 04:42:17 AM »

Hi,

I am working with a dual projection system in a professional AV space at the moment and every so often one or both of the projectors drop the signal.

The projectors get their signal from an Extron DXP 88 4K switcher which runs to an Extron Tx in both cases. Then then signal runs over CAT5e to the Rx above the projectors.

I have even swapped out one of the switchers which seemed to cure the issue for a brief period of time.
This week however we have stared losing the signal again.

We have 3 rooms set up identically and every so often one or both of the projectors seems to lose its signal until we power cycle the Tx.
Strange though as the Tx still have green LEDs suggesting the connection is fine.

Any one have any experience with signal dropping using AV switchers and Tx/Rx?

We are using Hitachi CPWX3041 projectors and the control panel is Extron TLP 720T.

Thanks
Chris

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 10:33:31 AM »

Hi,

I am working with a dual projection system in a professional AV space at the moment and every so often one or both of the projectors drop the signal.

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Darrel Harris

Re: Dual Projection AV System Dropping Signal
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 10:17:31 AM »

Hi,

The projectors get their signal from an Extron DXP 88 4K switcher which runs to an Extron Tx in both cases. Then then signal runs over CAT5e to the Rx above the projectors.

I have even swapped out one of the switchers which seemed to cure the issue for a brief period of time.

We have 3 rooms set up identically and every so often one or both of the projectors seems to lose its signal until we power cycle the Tx
Strange though as the Tx still have green LEDs suggesting the connection is fine.

We are using Hitachi CPWX3041 projectors and the control panel is Extron TLP 720T.

Thanks
Chris

My advice would be to use shielded CAT wire.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 10:20:04 AM by Darrel Harris »

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 12:36:15 AM »

Hi,

We have 3 rooms set up identically and every so often one or both of the projectors seems to lose its signal until we power cycle the Tx.

Thanks
Chris
What is the cable distance?  If longer than about 125' I'd try Cat6 shielded. 

Do you have a way to force hot plug detect?  Force EDID? 

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 12:36:15 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.