ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL Control HST- any thoughts for this application?  (Read 2693 times)

Tim Barber

• Eastern Washington State
JBL Control HST- any thoughts for this application?
« on: February 05, 2018, 04:21:46 PM »

On certain Sundays our choir stays seated in pews onstage for the whole service, except when performing. Since they are behind the mains, they have trouble understanding anything said from the podium. We have been putting the pastor's mic into some little 8" Peavey monitors on the floor under the pews to help the intelligibility, but coverage is spotty at best. Whatever permanent solution we come up with has to have minimal visual impact. I'm considering mounting one JBL Control HST on each sidewall at about the positions show by the yellow dots in the picture. They would only be fed the the spoken word mics at a low-ish level. Any experience with this speaker model, or something similar? It doesn't have to sound amazing; primarily interested in the low profile since a box of any appreciable size is a non-starter visually.

Taylor Phillips

Re: JBL Control HST- any thoughts for this application?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 11:11:52 PM »

Somebody else with more experience will be better equipped to know if this a good suggestion or not, but how crowded are the organ chambers?  You may have thought of this already and ruled it out, but if you can get another speaker in both sides you eliminate the visual problem.   Not sure if the coverage would be very good though.  Most churches I've seen with the choir seated like that usually have pew fronts in front of the choir pews which could also be used to discretely mount small speakers.

Tim Barber

• Eastern Washington State
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 07:08:54 PM »

Somebody else with more experience will be better equipped to know if this a good suggestion or not, but how crowded are the organ chambers?  You may have thought of this already and ruled it out, but if you can get another speaker in both sides you eliminate the visual problem.   Not sure if the coverage would be very good though.  Most churches I've seen with the choir seated like that usually have pew fronts in front of the choir pews which could also be used to discretely mount small speakers.

Thanks...not a bad idea, and I did think of that. But after investigating, it would be pretty difficult to do without damaging something. It's literally wall-to-wall pipes in there. Even the floor is covered with little tiny ones.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 07:08:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.