ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I sync a chauvelt gig bar 2.0 to live music?!? Help!  (Read 4023 times)

Brian Daniell

How do I sync a chauvelt gig bar 2.0 to live music?!? Help!
« on: February 04, 2018, 05:23:35 PM »

Hey guys!!

The chauvelt gig bar 2.0 is great but I need to take my cover bands lighting to the next level. I would love to sync each song to the lights but I’m having a hard time figuring out the easier and most efficient way to do it? Show express? Dmxis? Hell is it even possible? I can bring a lap top on stage if need be. Please help!! Thanks so much!!

Rick Powell

Re: How do I sync a chauvelt gig bar 2.0 to live music?!? Help!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 05:52:45 PM »

Please read the FORUM RULES sticky at the top of this topic, and change your profile name to your "real name" per forum rules. You might get an answer, thanks.

Brian Daniell

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 05:54:52 PM »

Please read the FORUM RULES sticky at the top of this topic, and change your profile name to your "real name" per forum rules. You might get an answer, thanks.

Will do. My first post! Appreciate the feedback!

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 06:41:04 PM »

Hi Brian, this topic comes up quite frequently here so I’d suggest having a look through previous threads if you haven’t already.  You can control your fixture via DMX to accomplish this and either platform you mentioned can work.  You’ll need to decide though to what extent you want a synchronized lightshow and what concessions you’re willing to make for that, such as building MTC, click track, timecode, dedicated LD, etc. into your show to make this work to your expectation.  Hope this helps!

Brian Daniell

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 07:38:51 PM »

Hi Brian, this topic comes up quite frequently here so I’d suggest having a look through previous threads if you haven’t already.  You can control your fixture via DMX to accomplish this and either platform you mentioned can work.  You’ll need to decide though to what extent you want a synchronized lightshow and what concessions you’re willing to make for that, such as building MTC, click track, timecode, dedicated LD, etc. into your show to make this work to your expectation.  Hope this helps!

Thanks so much! Our drummer runs backing tracks/click through a Roland spdsx. So that takes ableton off the table which seems like that would have been the way to go. Is there an interface that’s more user friendly than the others? Just want to load a track sync the lights and save but that seems way to easy lol

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 09:33:30 PM »

Thanks so much! Our drummer runs backing tracks/click through a Roland spdsx. So that takes ableton off the table which seems like that would have been the way to go. Is there an interface that’s more user friendly than the others? Just want to load a track sync the lights and save but that seems way to easy lol

Unfortunately I can’t help you with click as I don’t have enough experience with it provide authoritative advice.  There are others here that do so hopefully they can chime in!  I know this has been discussed before too, so maybe the previous threads of this nature can give you a place to start from?  Good luck though!

duane massey

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 01:28:01 PM »

It will not be simple if you really want to sync the lights to the band. You will have to get a controller or software, program EVERY song, and then sync to the track.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Callan Browne

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Rubix
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 11:10:08 PM »

DMXIS + show buddy is a really neat combo if you can get the drummer to move to a laptop.

I haven't got my drummer to move yet, so I do basic changes with DMXIS + bandhelper.

I love it, it's so simple and once set up, basically runs itself.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Melbourne Cover band: Rubix!

Jason Fultz

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 09:21:47 AM »

DMXis can be used with your SPDX
Your drummer can trigger lighting changes pretry easily if he's so inclined.
That can change the dynamic if your lighting while you're playing pretty well.

kev tyler

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 04:02:21 AM »

Not sure if this helps, but check out showmagic, there is a free version, it’s a Dmx lighting sequencer, with multi channel audio and midi support.  I use it to sync lighting scenes and sequences with backing tracks. It’s brilliant for that. Supports click tracks via asio etc.

Good luck

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 04:02:21 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.