ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Freespeak II choices 1.9 Ghz or 2.4? A Pete or Henry question most likely.  (Read 4838 times)

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: Freespeak II choices 1.9 Ghz or 2.4? A Pete or Henry question most likely.
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 06:13:45 PM »

the Washington Hilton has much lower ceilings, 24 ft max but a lot of separate oval domes. Serious audio multipath , aka echoes.  Bad early 60s sci-fi movie architecture.

Benjamin Krumholz

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 06:14:14 PM »

I'm about to move from our HMEs to a Freespeak II system.  I've been reading the various posts here and getting as illuminated as possible from the CC videos and documentation.  One existential question I haven't answered from my reading is which band to go with.  The local cross rental sources all have 1.9 Gig.  I'm buying a small package, five drop if I go with 1.9 and only four drop if its 2.4, the max beltpaks allowed on a single antenna with FS ( if I understand correctly).  Since I'll be renting an antenna that matches any additional belt packs anyway to expand my belt pack count for a given show what should drive the choice of frequency band purchase?

Hey Ed,
Ben from MSI here.. WE went with the 1.9 system mostly because of the more belt-packs per transceiver and the more crowded bandwidth of 2.4. We are having a really good time with it.. In the Hilton Ballroom we typically use 3 antenna for a 5 belt pack drop.. Back hall, Stage, and FOH.. The nice thing about getting into a system like this for you would be that there are CAT drops all over the place.. If you need an antenna up stairs you can run through a house patch.. We have also recently invested in HELIX-NET.. The benefit of this.. IP base.. WE run it through our Cisco switches for the CL5!! Sexy.. 
WE have Used the system in almost every building in town now and we do pretty well in most situations with good planning.. DCCC, NBM, Cap One Center, Regan, Mellon..
And yes.. There is plenty in town for cross rental!
Ben
Ben

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 06:14:14 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.