ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Srx815p and Srx818sp settings  (Read 17187 times)

Ron Ventour

Re: Srx815p and Srx818sp settings
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2018, 09:45:20 AM »

A pair of SRX815's will ALWAYS outrun a pair of SRX818's.
However, a good example for me in a small/medium venue would be SRX818's at full and SRX812/SRX815 at around 6.
Larger venues I can use an added SRX828 at full and still only have the SRX's at around 10-11.

correct thats why im starting to use 4 srx818's with 2 srx812's...2 srx818's per side with 1 srx812....it sounds awesome in this config.

Ron Ventour

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2018, 10:00:26 AM »

Jonathan my decision to get the SRX828 instead of the 2 SRX818's was based solely on 2 things: cost and space.
The SRX828 is stupid good value for money compared to the SRX818 and it takes up a little less room than 2 of them.
The down side of course is that there is no pole cup and it is bigger and heavier to move around.
Better?... it depends. I doubt there is any audible difference between 2x SRX818's or 1x SRX828.
IMO as long as you don't mind about the cons to the bigger box, save yourself some cash and get that instead - especially as you already have the SRX818's like I do for scaleability.

i went with 2 more srx818's to go along with my existing 818's because 1...scaleability 2....pole mount on top 3...got a good deal on B stock 818's from a vendor that was around the same price as buying one new srx828, surprisingly the B stock 818's looked brand new when i got them and not b stock at all....2 818's has the same output in 1 828 in my opinion..

Ron Ventour

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2018, 10:10:20 AM »

Another question for the massives that uses the srx boxes, has anybody been able to successfully eq these boxes with the Audio Architect or Srx Connect app and make them sound good? I use the Audio Architect app and could never seem to get the eq to sound right, however with my  QSC TouchMix 16 im able to eq the srx boxes quite easily and my boxes sound superb with the touchmix eq 

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2018, 01:16:44 PM »

Not sure what it is about them that you would want to EQ out or into them? They are pretty much the most linear box you can get at this price point and they sound really good out of the box. I find that I only have to EQ the room out of them, which is usually small cuts here or there to keep the room from getting to excited.

I have used the internal EQ before and it seemed to be just fine albeit a little more cumbersome to utilize. I just haven't found a need to set a static EQ profile within the speaker and do all my EQ work from my mixer. The only processing I use in the speakers are teh crossovers. Those seem to do an exceptional job and I run subs on an aux so I can fine tune time alignment as needed from the mixer.

For the majority of us ( on this forum ) sounding good is not so much about the box sounding pretty or musical. We mostly shoot for linear or flat sounding boxes. In essence we are shooting to have the whitest canvas we can to play music through. It doesn't sound as pretty perhaps ( depends on the individual ), but it really helps make mixing and solving problems easy.

I would say that if you wanted a more pleasant sounding box, you may have considered a different one. There are fewer and fewer speakers these days that are tuned to sound musically good as opposed to being as neutral / linear as they can get them. QSC, Turbosound and Mackie are a few that I would consider fall into the more characterized " musical " boxes. It's not that a linear box sounds bad, it just has a sound. Some like it, some don't.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2018, 02:00:55 PM »

I agree with Luke. I have NEVER had to use the app to change the sound of my system. Everything sounded great out of the box.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jonathan Arce

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2018, 02:33:35 AM »

Jonathan my decision to get the SRX828 instead of the 2 SRX818's was based solely on 2 things: cost and space.
The SRX828 is stupid good value for money compared to the SRX818 and it takes up a little less room than 2 of them.
The down side of course is that there is no pole cup and it is bigger and heavier to move around.
Better?... it depends. I doubt there is any audible difference between 2x SRX818's or 1x SRX828.
IMO as long as you don't mind about the cons to the bigger box, save yourself some cash and get that instead - especially as you already have the SRX818's like I do for scaleability.
[/quote
Thanks for the help Debbie right now ima see if I can get a good deal between the 2...

Jonathan Arce

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2018, 02:41:42 AM »

i went with 2 more srx818's to go along with my existing 818's because 1...scaleability 2....pole mount on top 3...got a good deal on B stock 818's from a vendor that was around the same price as buying one new srx828, surprisingly the B stock 818's looked brand new when i got them and not b stock at all....2 818's has the same output in 1 828 in my opinion..
Hey Ron how are you connecting all 4 subs and  your srx812s...you going from mixer to 2 subs then out to the other 2 subs then the tops?.

Another thing I wanted to ask when your using all 4 subs are you using the srx top crossover on all 4 srx818sp?

Ron Ventour

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2018, 09:36:36 AM »

Not sure what it is about them that you would want to EQ out or into them? They are pretty much the most linear box you can get at this price point and they sound really good out of the box. I find that I only have to EQ the room out of them, which is usually small cuts here or there to keep the room from getting to excited.

I have used the internal EQ before and it seemed to be just fine albeit a little more cumbersome to utilize. I just haven't found a need to set a static EQ profile within the speaker and do all my EQ work from my mixer. The only processing I use in the speakers are teh crossovers. Those seem to do an exceptional job and I run subs on an aux so I can fine tune time alignment as needed from the mixer.

For the majority of us ( on this forum ) sounding good is not so much about the box sounding pretty or musical. We mostly shoot for linear or flat sounding boxes. In essence we are shooting to have the whitest canvas we can to play music through. It doesn't sound as pretty perhaps ( depends on the individual ), but it really helps make mixing and solving problems easy.

I would say that if you wanted a more pleasant sounding box, you may have considered a different one. There are fewer and fewer speakers these days that are tuned to sound musically good as opposed to being as neutral / linear as they can get them. QSC, Turbosound and Mackie are a few that I would consider fall into the more characterized " musical " boxes. It's not that a linear box sounds bad, it just has a sound. Some like it, some don't.

im guessing you use the srx boxes for live sound? i use mines for dj play back reggae/ soca music....im not saying the srx boxes don't sound pleasant they actually sound superb and i always add a little eq for the type of music i play..like i said above using the eq from the qsc touchmix i could ring out the srx boxes to how i want them to sound but with the audio architect app it was always a nightmare trying to use it..

Ron Ventour

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2018, 10:17:25 AM »

Hey Ron how are you connecting all 4 subs and  your srx812s...you going from mixer to 2 subs then out to the other 2 subs then the tops?.

Another thing I wanted to ask when your using all 4 subs are you using the srx top crossover on all 4 srx818sp?

Im going from my qsc touchmix out to the subs then out to the tops...stacked 2 high i go from my mixer to the bottom 818, set at 80hz...then from the bottom 818 to the 2nd 818 stacked above it and i set that at srx top...from the 2nd box to the srx812 on top i set that at srx sub..
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 10:39:05 AM by Ron Ventour »

Jonathan Arce

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2018, 11:28:48 AM »

Im going from my qsc touchmix out to the subs then out to the tops...stacked 2 high i go from my mixer to the bottom 818, set at 80hz...then from the bottom 818 to the 2nd 818 stacked above it and i set that at srx top...from the 2nd box to the srx812 on top i set that at srx sub..
Thanks for the info Ron,I'm going to pick up a pair of srx818sp or 1 srx828sp soon...when I do I don't think I will need tripods for my srx815ps or the poles...I'm just worried if they fall down with vibration from the subs lol.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2018, 11:28:48 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.