ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: USPS/FedEx/UPS Horror Stories  (Read 15484 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: USPS/FedEx/UPS Horror Stories
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2018, 03:42:50 PM »

Connected but no fault of carrier - just an Amazon mistake...
A little while back , I had to return a package to Amazon (defective product 1 of 2)  and they sent me a pre paid UPS label. I shipped it back and watched the tracking. It was picked up, travelled to Greensboro and then was picked up for the next leg of the journey to Washington  (or somewhere west coast) ..
Then a couple days later  I received 2 of 2 (same  product) and it was also defective so I had to get another pre paid label to return to Amazon. I shipped it back the next day.
However, it became obvious to me when I checked tracking, that that they had sent me the same label and tracking # twice ( I didn't think to look) because apparently my original package went from Raleigh to Greensboro, travelled from Greensboro to halfway to Washington or wherever- yet on day 3 was back in Raleigh which of course couldn't happen.
I called Amazon - they realized what they had done and noted my account to expect 2 packages with same tracking #.  It all worked out.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2018, 11:23:15 PM »

This reminds me of my favorite USPS tracking memes:

USPS Tracking version "A":

1) Package has been received
2) We have no f-ing idea where your package is
3) Package delivered successfully

USPS Tracking version "B":

1) We're not sure if the package exists yet
2) Here you

:D :D :D

Then there's Amazon Logistics, which has exactly two possible statuses:
  • In transit (no location noted)
  • Delivered
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:25:55 PM by Jonathan Johnson »
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2018, 08:01:42 AM »

Then there's Amazon Logistics, which has exactly two possible statuses:
  • In transit (no location noted)
  • Delivered

Well, i have 3 shipments that are still "in transit" that I received LAST YEAR.....
3 deliveries out of 10 or 12.
Hope they aren't using my account to calculate efficiency......
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2018, 10:18:39 AM »

I ordered 3 books for my Gifting Holidays self-gift.  All shipped from different Amazon Merchants using the USPS book rate.

The 3rd Edition of Bob McCarthy's book took a long journey, arriving in Wichita rather quickly, then sat at a USPS facility for a couple of days, then took an inexplicable trip to Kansas City for 3 days, then was sent back to Wichita for delivery.

My letter carrier is top notch.  She's on my block between 930 and 10am most every day.  My P.O. box is at the downtown station (has 24 hour access), I've had the same box 30 years and have seen the front counter staff turn over at least 3 times but they consistently have had very good folks there.

At my previous residence (a walk up "merchant's flat") it was hit or miss with FedEx.  I called the 800 number and told them I wanted somebody in Memphis that could fire district managers.  They gave me an ombudswoman in Atlanta, a direct number to her desk, and I don't know if she could fire people but she got my delivery problems fixed :)

DHL just throws stuff at my porch; UPS deliveries are re-routed to their CSF so I can pick them up in the morning rather than the typical 4p-7p delivery (when I'm not at home).

Delivery companies are a bit like cell phone providers - they all suck to some degree and in your locale the ones that really suck are the "good guys" somewhere else.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Dave Scarlett

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2018, 01:17:04 PM »

I think you'll find the city of Transit in northern Iceland  ;)

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2018, 01:29:39 PM »

I think you'll find the city of Transit in northern Iceland  ;)

LOL ;D
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
USPS/FedEx/UPS Horror Stories
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2018, 02:40:33 PM »

I bought some subs from some nice folk in Detroit. I sent them a company check via USPS the week before Thanksgiving. After the holiday when I was expecting the check to have cleared I find out it never got there.
Sigh...
So, this time I get a bank check and send it UPS 2 day.  Never makes it to the local hub.
Third try works. I put it in a USPS Priority fixed price box. Took 5 days but arrived.
Nice folk in Detroit put the subs on a pallet with a small accessory box on top and shrink wrapped the whole thing. Freight company picks it up. Bill of lading says not to stack. Makes it to Cleveland then Erie gets 4 ft of snow.
Ten days later it gets here. Plastic is cut and small box is missing from under strapping. Sigh...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2018, 05:19:53 PM »

So here's a new one (for me, at least).  FedEx apparently doesn't like to deliver anything ahead of schedule!  I've had a shipment sitting at the Daytona terminal for 3 days now because it's "not due for delivery".  Seriously?  So something gets through the shipping process quicker than expected and now is going to spend the weekend in a warehouse just because I paid for "standard shipping" instead of an expedited option?  At least they're not trying to charge me for storage! 

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2018, 06:16:17 PM »

If you sent something next day air across town, it most likely gets flown the the regional hub and back again.  Then put on the truck again.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2018, 06:58:18 PM »

If you sent something next day air across town, it most likely gets flown the the regional hub and back again.  Then put on the truck again.
I'm confused why anyone would send something "Next Day Air" when it's going across town.... I mean, I know what my UPS/Fedex "1 day ground shipping" radius is. If I buy from Audiopile, and it goes out on Tuesday, I'll have it on Wednesday. But only if I do Fedex. UPS would be two days...

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2018, 06:58:18 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.