ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: USPS/FedEx/UPS Horror Stories  (Read 15478 times)

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
Re: USPS/FedEx/UPS Horror Stories
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2018, 04:52:39 PM »

Express, Ground, and Freight are all separate services with separate facilities, trucks & drivers, terms of service.  The only thing they genuinely have in common is the FredEx logo and tracking system.  As you discoverd they practice the biblical "do not let the right hand know what the left hand is doing" and they practice that to the nth degree.  UPS Freight has the same kind of relationship with USP as FredEx does with FX Freight... they've got the name & tracking system but under the hood they're different companies

Totally understood... I just found it remarkable that I can (and do) drop OFF packages/freight at the main hub all of the time, no questions asked. Never in a million years would I have thought that a Ground package that arrives to the hub can't be held at the hub. :)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2018, 05:33:17 PM »

Totally understood... I just found it remarkable that I can (and do) drop OFF packages/freight at the main hub all of the time, no questions asked. Never in a million years would I have thought that a Ground package that arrives to the hub can't be held at the hub. :)

Freight and ground can dispatch from the same customer service location but when it comes to "delivery" they don't recognize each other as they're actually different companies (under the same holding company). 

Express and Ground operate separate terminals, semi trucks and delivery vehicles/drivers (Ground delivery is by contract drivers/vehicles no matter what logo is on the vehicle).  What you experienced is the Express service not recognizing the Ground service counter as a valid address FOR YOU.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Speed Daemon

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2018, 05:40:10 PM »

Just yesterday I returned home to find my driveway littered with packages, all delivered by USPS. It looked like a crime scene, but lo and behold all packages were there and contents intact. Why the delivery person didn't leave them on my front porch is a mystery to me, but quite common. I have a surveillance camera on the front door, and I've watched countless delivery people try all sorts of things on my front gate (up to and including trying to rip it off its hinges, but never simply pushing it open) before stacking my parcels outside the gate, tossing them over the gate etc. Amazingly I've never had any breakage with all that.

One shipment that did arrive severely damaged was, of all things, a road case. The shipping box didn't look too terribly bad, but when I opened it up, I found that the road case inside had been spindled by something with enough force to make a 2" hole all the way through the broad side of the case. In addition, one of the metal ribs had been bent into a Z shape, and numerous rivet heads had been sheared off. In the 40 years that I've been using road cases, I've never seen such extreme damage to any single case. It was a good reminder that the sub-$1000 cases that look as strong as the well-known brands...well, you get what you pay for.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2018, 10:09:31 PM »

Not sure the expensive cases would have survived that rhino attack.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2018, 10:09:31 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.