ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Inexpensive IEMs?  (Read 8393 times)

John Chiara

Best Inexpensive IEMs?
« on: January 23, 2018, 05:37:39 PM »

Ok...search function sucks. Have a band that needs 4-5 setups. Club dates, self contained X32R setup with hard split.
What's out there today?
Thanks!

Stephen Kirby

Re: Best Inexpensive IEMs?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 06:23:52 PM »

As the walrus said "It's all about that seal".  At the budget end, any $40 consumer buds that the players can get a good seal out of would be fine.  Some years ago a band I played with went on ears.  Many just used the Senny buds that came with the packs.  I don't really buy into the super multi-driver craze.  Many of those are Bose boom-tizz voiced.  One coherent driver of decent quality is plenty to hear yourself sing.
For most bar/garage band folks the isolation and fixed mix of ears is foreign enough that subtleties in voicing really don't make an appreciable difference.  No close mic'd feed of a guitar amp is ever going to sound anything like what the guitarist is used to hearing, regardless of how expensive the earpieces are.

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 06:41:50 PM »

I read about these Tennmak cheap ear buds somewhere (maybe here?). Several people recommended them so I thought I would put a couple in my kit for slacker musicians.

I just ordered a couple sets from Amazon. They haven't made it to the house yet.

Tennmak Pro https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XFWFFS7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_oC8zAb0334M6N

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 07:45:46 PM »

I have heard/read good things about the MEE Audio M6 Pro, $50 USD from B&H.

I thought about buying MEE Audio's dual driver IEM, the M7 Pro, but the price has gone up $20-30 in the past several weeks.  I suppose they're popular.  You can find them at B&H as well for $149 USD.

Jon Dees

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 09:59:52 PM »

Ok...search function sucks. Have a band that needs 4-5 setups. Club dates, self contained X32R setup with hard split.
What's out there today?
Thanks!

Overcoming the absurd name, the Decibullz product is great bang for the buck.
https://www.amazon.com/Decibullz-Contour-Ear-Headphones-Quickly/dp/B01M2VMAUI/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1516762734&sr=8-6&keywords=decibullz

Roland Clarke

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 05:03:24 AM »

I’ve bought ok buds at around £5 a pair on amazon.  They sound ok and for the money do a job.  You can get better sound over £50, but the seal isn’t really any better without going to custom mounds or doing the self made mole trick using the putty kits available on Amazon (a cheap alternative to the real thing).  Buying the cheap buds on amazon isn’t too much problem as it’s easy to find ones with a high customer rating.  Mine I bought as a cheap, fairly disposable option for players that forgot their own and needed something.  For this job I wasn’t going to buy the £70 Shures.

John Chiara

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 10:20:37 AM »

I have heard/read good things about the MEE Audio M6 Pro, $50 USD from B&H.

I thought about buying MEE Audio's dual driver IEM, the M7 Pro, but the price has gone up $20-30 in the past several weeks.  I suppose they're popular.  You can find them at B&H as well for $149 USD.

NOT earbuds...transmitters/receivers.

Terry Martin

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 10:24:36 AM »

John.  I use an X32R with G3 and G2 Sennheiser IEMS, RF Venue Combine4 and a CBI Ear Splitter.   Your OP is a little unclear.   Are you looking for advice or purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottstephens

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 10:27:06 AM »

John,

Budget? Galaxy makes decent, cheap IEMs

Scott

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 10:42:25 AM »

Galaxy audio Is a cheap product,  there is various models and the lowest has a single frequency assigned so double check and make sure if you pick one up your frequency works with the re-banding for 2020.  The other thing is in the reviews the earbuds provided are not very good so yes as they offered suggestions on the earbuds I requested and receiver my Koss earbuds.   https://www.koss.com/headphones/earbuds-in-ear-headphones/plug 

I also found a used paddle antenna in the 500 mhz band to use with my unit.  The mic stand mount getting me more height and 6 db of gain over the omni 1/4 wave antenna is a major improvement because of the strong signal strength. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 10:42:25 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.