ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: eaw sb1001  (Read 9348 times)

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Re: eaw sb1001
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2018, 03:46:40 AM »

Plus you can add DSP later as an upgrade if you want.  You can also upgrade to a larger model within the same chassis size. 
K series has two different chassis depths and, unless they have changed this, you can buy an upgrade kit to make your K series amp into any larger model within the same chassis size.

Lee

You are correct :)

K2->K3
K6->K10 are the available upgrades.

K8 is discontinued and replaced by the X-series.
K20 is a different platform.

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 07:24:53 PM »

For those following along at home, I followed Helge's advice and downloaded the Armonia software and started playing around.  I'm sure it's more fun when there are amps connected and sound coming out, but it was still relatively easy to navigate with no prior understanding of the software (intentional to see how intuitive it was).

I was able to drop a K10(non-DSP) into the mix, and adjust things like the clip limiter, max mains current limiter, gate, gain setting, levels and mute, and idle delay.  So yes, the mains current limiter is included with the non-DSP models.  Unfortunately it doesn't seem that the "full protection scheme" the brochure talks about includes the multi-stage limiters.

When I dropped a K10-DSP into the mix, suddenly I had access to all of the DSP parameters, which included input delay, EQ's on inputs and outputs including custom FIR capabilities, damping control, power limiter settings, peak limiter settings, and crossovers.  Very comprehensive and pretty easy to navigate.

Hope that information helps someone looking into this same thing. 

Pretty cool product structure to be able to buy a K6 non-DSP today, and grow it into a K10-DSP later.
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 07:57:27 AM »

They've been out for 8 years, most of the "shiny new" has worn off.  EAW touted them as a major improvement over the SB1000 but my recollection is that output didn't *seem* significantly greater compared to the SB1000.  I recall they sounded a little tighter and might have gone a wee bit lower.

While working as a stage hand I'd moved a whole bunch of 1000/1001 but can't recall any in the last 5 years.  If you've already got EAW inventory and the price is right, go for it.  I'm not sure I'd spend the price of new SB1001 unless I was filling out an existing rig and couldn't find trusted, used gear.

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto.

These subs were always an attractively sized package, but by design marginalized available internal volume, sacrificing  VLF extension.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 07:57:27 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.