Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

eaw sb1001

(1/5) > >>

charles e strickland:
I'm sure I just missed it, but I can't find any opinions on the sb1001's . was thinking about a second sub rig. any input on their performance would be helpful. thanks Charles

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: charles e strickland on January 22, 2018, 01:22:18 PM ---I'm sure I just missed it, but I can't find any opinions on the sb1001's . was thinking about a second sub rig. any input on their performance would be helpful. thanks Charles

--- End quote ---

They've been out for 8 years, most of the "shiny new" has worn off.  EAW touted them as a major improvement over the SB1000 but my recollection is that output didn't *seem* significantly greater compared to the SB1000.  I recall they sounded a little tighter and might have gone a wee bit lower.

While working as a stage hand I'd moved a whole bunch of 1000/1001 but can't recall any in the last 5 years.  If you've already got EAW inventory and the price is right, go for it.  I'm not sure I'd spend the price of new SB1001 unless I was filling out an existing rig and couldn't find trusted, used gear.

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on January 22, 2018, 02:21:22 PM ---They've been out for 8 years, most of the "shiny new" has worn off.  EAW touted them as a major improvement over the SB1000 but my recollection is that output didn't *seem* significantly greater compared to the SB1000.  I recall they sounded a little tighter and might have gone a wee bit lower.

While working as a stage hand I'd moved a whole bunch of 1000/1001 but can't recall any in the last 5 years.  If you've already got EAW inventory and the price is right, go for it.  I'm not sure I'd spend the price of new SB1001 unless I was filling out an existing rig and couldn't find trusted, used gear.

--- End quote ---

So, it's basically "1 more" than an SB1000...  :)

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: brian maddox on January 22, 2018, 02:55:18 PM ---So, it's basically "1 more" than an SB1000...  :)

--- End quote ---

That was my aural impression.

Helge A Bentsen:
Did an install last week in a 750 cap room with two SB2001 a side, very impressive output and sound quality.

Highly recommended.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version