ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Wireless Mic Issue  (Read 2235 times)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Strange Wireless Mic Issue
« on: February 16, 2018, 01:17:37 PM »

Several months ago we installed 4 Sennheiser wireless handheld mics at a local church. Everything has been fine until I got a call about one mic not powering on. So I went over to check it out.

We went threw several new batteries and it still would not power on. I'm thinking it must be a mic issue.

When we tried a different brand of battery...it powered on.  :o The brand of battery that would not power up mic 1 worked fine in all the other 3 mics. Just switching brand of batteries for mic 1 would power it on.

I recently got a call from another church where we installed the same model mics and they are having a simllar issue.

Has anybody run into this before?

Bradford "BJ" James

Re: Strange Wireless Mic Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 01:35:22 PM »

So, enjoying retirement eh?
I've had an issue where the battery sizes are just slightly different enough that they wouldn't make full contact. Usually not an issue with Dura/Procells or Energizers. Are they using Dollar Store batteries (like most local churches and schools)?
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Art Nadelman

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 02:01:30 PM »

I had that issue with some rechargeable batteries.  Ended up that the didn't have enough power capability and went back to alkalines.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 02:15:13 PM »

So, enjoying retirement eh?
I've had an issue where the battery sizes are just slightly different enough that they wouldn't make full contact. Usually not an issue with Dura/Procells or Energizers. Are they using Dollar Store batteries (like most local churches and schools)?

LOL....yes enjoying my second retirement. Still doing some install work though. Keeps me from getting bored.

Surprisingly they are using Energizers and  Dura Cell.  I don't remember which brand worked. I'll have to find out.

They haven't had a problem with mic 1 powering on after they switched brands.

Jay Marr

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 03:23:57 PM »

Had this issue with my Senn wireless mic and with a preamp in my Ibanez Acoustic/Electric guitar.
Both times, batteries were not making contact properly due to the way the battery fit into the compartment.
Different battery brand that made full contact...problem solved (for me)

Scott Helmke

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 10:54:07 AM »

Duracell AA's are known for leaving little tiny bits of sticky plastic on battery contacts - they're really hard to notice, too.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 10:54:07 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.