ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Retiring  (Read 3675 times)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Retiring
« on: January 21, 2018, 02:17:30 PM »

As of Jan 1, 2018 I have decided to retire from the live sound business. I have other priorities that need my attention and will no longer be able to properly dedicate the time and effort required.

It's been a long journey and will miss the pleasure of the live sound business. I'll still be doing installs and maintain my dealerships though. 

My first band was back in 1967. Since I owned a Bogen amp and a couple of speakers I was the dedicated "sound guy". This is where I learned how to play drums and tweak the PA at the same time. lol

My sound company grew to be quite large (for this area) between the early 80's and all through the 90's. For several years now I have kept a smaller sound and lighting system for small venues and clubs. I'll probably still be helping a friend who has a large system just to stay in the "mix" but without the trouble of owning a system.  ;)

Everything is for sale. Items will be showing up in the marketplace on occasion.

I've learned A TON from the PSW over the years and owe a lot to the pros who frequent the forums. Very grateful we have this available for everybody to learn from.

Thanks
Jamin

randy amos

• SW Florida
Re: Retiring
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 03:33:29 PM »

Jamin, while I generally stay quiet on this forum, I lurk plenty. Thank you for your insightful posts over the years. I've learned a lot from you. I hope you continue to be a regular contributor around these parts, and best wishes toward your future endeavors.
With all sincerity,
Randy

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 06:55:24 PM »

Good luck to you Jamin.
Hope your retirement goes better than mine almost went. I was going through a time about 2 years ago when this whole business (sound and retail) was starting to lose it’s sparkle. I received an offfer that was serious enough that numbers were discussed, and my wife who was recently retired was pushing for me to have more time to do fun things with her. But I just wasn’t ready to hang it up, and got sucked back in. Wife is still enjoying retirement- I’m jealous. Maybe next year I’ll try again if the right offer presents itself.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 07:08:24 PM »

1.  It's been a long journey and will miss the pleasure of the live sound business. I'll still be doing installs and maintain my dealerships though...

2.  Everything is for sale. Items will be showing up in the marketplace on occasion.

Thanks
Jamin

1.  You can walk away, but you can't walk far...  :)

2.   What a Tease!  Inventory, please?

-Dennis

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 07:46:34 PM »

Wow, it seems like just yesterday...

Enjoy your freedom from gear.  You can do it.

And really enjoy the time with your family and friends outside of the biz.  Post back and taunt us with your lack of Gear Acquisition Syndrome, too!
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 09:48:49 PM »

Best of luck Jamin. Thanks for the many conversations over the years, it's been a good time.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 10:18:14 AM »

I'm a relative new-comer to this board and don't know many people here at all, but I definitely appreciate those who have the experience and are willing to share information with us. Thanks for all of the info you've shared with us, and best wishes in your retirement.

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 07:13:45 PM »

Keep on keepin on and "Jamin" maan!

Its just another day and you probably will always be involved in music and sound reproduction.

Its something you love right?!

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 08:50:24 PM »

Thanks for your contributions and I hope we still hear from you. I wish you well in whatever you do next.
Steve Loewenthal

"I'm, just the guy in a band that owns the PA and I'm trying to figure out how it works. (Been trying to learn somethin' about it for about 20 years and I hope somethin' learns me soon)"

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 11:19:00 AM »

When I'm trying to retire from live sound and my favorite band I've been working with keeps selling out the main local venue that I like working at.  :(

Ok, so I might just continue to do this one band at this venue. Really, that's it...not getting back into it...again.  :o

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 11:19:00 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.