Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > DJ Forum

Good deal on JBL PRX 735

(1/1)

Eric Underwood:
I currently have passive seismic audio equipment. (2 18 inch subs and 2 dual 15 inch pa) and was wondering if 2 JBL PRX 735’s for $1000 is a good deal? I am trying to upgrade slowly and would hope that these would be louder than my seismic audio pa’s. Most of my dances are in gyms and have less than 250 people. I don’t have any pictures of them right now but there were no scratches or anything just a little bit of dust from sitting in this guy’s garage.

David Pedd:

--- Quote from: Eric Underwood on January 20, 2018, 10:47:25 AM ---I currently have passive seismic audio equipment. (2 18 inch subs and 2 dual 15 inch pa) and was wondering if 2 JBL PRX 735’s for $1000 is a good deal? I am trying to upgrade slowly and would hope that these would be louder than my seismic audio pa’s. Most of my dances are in gyms and have less than 250 people. I don’t have any pictures of them right now but there were no scratches or anything just a little bit of dust from sitting in this guy’s garage.

--- End quote ---

I would think those would be a fine upgrade.

Why is the guy selling them?  Are you able to test them hard before purchase?

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Eric Underwood on January 20, 2018, 10:47:25 AM ---I currently have passive seismic audio equipment. (2 18 inch subs and 2 dual 15 inch pa) and was wondering if 2 JBL PRX 735’s for $1000 is a good deal? I am trying to upgrade slowly and would hope that these would be louder than my seismic audio pa’s. Most of my dances are in gyms and have less than 250 people. I don’t have any pictures of them right now but there were no scratches or anything just a little bit of dust from sitting in this guy’s garage.

--- End quote ---

I also would not count on them being louder than the Seismic.  They will sound better, more graceful under pressure and are far better constructed. 

Don T. Williams:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on January 20, 2018, 02:19:24 PM ---I also would not count on them being louder than the Seismic.  They will sound better, more graceful under pressure and are far better constructed.

--- End quote ---

Scott is correct.  JBL made PRX 725's with dual 15's and a horn.  My DJ customers wanted them and not the PRX 735 (which sounded a lot better) because they really did play louder.  Quantity usually trumps quality in the DJ market around here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version