ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not my strong suit -- need help assigning a static IP to LinkSys router for X32  (Read 10317 times)

Jerome Malsack

When you have the X32 with the address you then go to the manual for the router and create DHCP Reservation for the X32 ip address. 
Page 30 is DHCP reservation.  This is what you want for the mixer IP address. 

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

When you have the X32 with the address you then go to the manual for the router and create DHCP Reservation for the X32 ip address. 
Page 30 is DHCP reservation.  This is what you want for the mixer IP address.
Why would you go through all that instead of just assigning a static IP.  The OP is confused enough to proffer convoluted solutions.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Chris Sieggen

• Church and H.O.W. Forums

It's not the firmware,. It's the same.  Did you push the encoder button underneath DHCP to switch between static and DHCP?   

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I did a number of times and I could have sworn even when I thought I was out of the DHCP mode, I wasn't. Through all of this (everyone here has been very patient and helpful with me, thank you!) I was pretty sure it was defaulting back to DHCP mode after I set my Static IP and re-assigning a new IP address.

I think one thing that was happening...when I turned on global power both the X32 and the router were trying to establish new IP addresses simultaneously.

To isolate the X32 (and my own sanity), I unplugged the router, set a Static IP on the X32, saved it, and then cycled power on just the X32 to make sure it was keeping the same IP address...it was. THEN, I turned on the router and it all came together. WHEW!

Again, I am a newbie at this, but now that my X32 is Static, IT determines everything and the router and iPad now follow suit and it all stays constant.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

I did a number of times and I could have sworn even when I thought I was out of the DHCP mode, I wasn't. Through all of this (everyone here has been very patient and helpful with me, thank you!) I was pretty sure it was defaulting back to DHCP mode after I set my Static IP and re-assigning a new IP address.

I think one thing that was happening...when I turned on global power both the X32 and the router were trying to establish new IP addresses simultaneously.

To isolate the X32 (and my own sanity), I unplugged the router, set a Static IP on the X32, saved it, and then cycled power on just the X32 to make sure it was keeping the same IP address...it was. THEN, I turned on the router and it all came together. WHEW!

Again, I am a newbie at this, but now that my X32 is Static, IT determines everything and the router and iPad now follow suit and it all stays constant.

Something is still wrong, nothing you said makes sense.  It doesn't work like that and it's going to bite you in the field when you need it.

You need to follow directions, when you press the encoder the field clearly changes from DHCP to static.  Once the IP, Subnet and Gateway are entered you have to press save.

Also no less than five times were you told that the IP you assigned has to be out of the DHCP scope yet you never addressed that point, never shared your settings.

Now that at least it is working can we try and get it right? 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

John L Nobile

Here's a couple of videos that may help. They show you how to set the X32's network page settings. There's probably a lot more out there as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RisOvJABh4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IaYm91GBHM

Chris Sieggen

Here's a couple of videos that may help. They show you how to set the X32's network page settings. There's probably a lot more out there as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RisOvJABh4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IaYm91GBHM

That first video is very helpful. Thank you.

Chris Sieggen

Something is still wrong, nothing you said makes sense.  It doesn't work like that and it's going to bite you in the field when you need it.

You need to follow directions, when you press the encoder the field clearly changes from DHCP to static.  Once the IP, Subnet and Gateway are entered you have to press save.

Also no less than five times were you told that the IP you assigned has to be out of the DHCP scope yet you never addressed that point, never shared your settings.

Now that at least it is working can we try and get it right?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 01:41:38 PM by Chris Sieggen »

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Not my strong suit -- need help assigning a static IP to LinkSys router for X32
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2018, 01:21:49 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.