ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Effects on Midas Pro 2  (Read 9949 times)

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: Help with Effects on Midas Pro 2
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 08:11:20 AM »

I'm curious what kind of high school gets a Midas Pro 2, maybe not the best board for the general public to use once a year.
Is this  in dedicated theater or an auditeria. I would hope the rest of the system is on par with the mixer.

I hope the school appreciates your commitment to the school's production.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 09:40:48 AM »

I appreciate the reply, and I agree this board is incredibly complex. I've been using this for five years now (self taught) and still make mistakes. Take today for example. I accidentally loaded a scene before saving what I had been working on and lost 15 hours of adjustments. lol. It is what it is though. I'll make sure the kids sound good.

I've used the effects in past shows, but it always takes hours of me messing with the board and I never seem to figure out how to do it the same each time.

In any case. I'm in the south dallas area and need to figure it out by Thursday the 18th if anyone wants to help.

Until then, I'll keep watching videos and reading.

Thanks again.

15 Hours on one scene?  In 15 hours I think I could create all the scenes for Brigadoon, Henry VI and Chorus Line! 

Not asking to call the new member out, just want to understand what you were doing so possible we can help with some workflows.

If you wanted to do a Teamviewer I would be willing to show you different strategies for patching effects on the Pro series in the offline editor.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 11:36:21 AM »

15 Hours on one scene?  In 15 hours I think I could create all the scenes for Brigadoon, Henry VI and Chorus Line! 

Not asking to call the new member out, just want to understand what you were doing so possible we can help with some workflows.

If you wanted to do a Teamviewer I would be willing to show you different strategies for patching effects on the Pro series in the offline editor.

No, the tweaky Midas is that much of a pain in the ass and the 600 page manual is pretty much worthless, IMHO.  I spent half an hour finding the UNLABELED radio buttons to turn on/patch the headphone jack on a Pro 2.  Hint- they're next to the AES something or other...

I would further disparage this brand but I might need factory support some day...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 02:50:35 PM »

Sound Productions in Dallas is a stocking Midas dealer.  They often have classes on mixing with the lines of gear they deal.  I'm not certain what their policy is if you just walk in, but they could be a good resource.  The Midas isn't the easiest board to use, but the software and console evolved from the XL8, and that console is elderly by digital console standards.  Comparing it to something like the D Live shows how far the user interface has advanced.  With all of that said, the Pro Series still sounds about as good as anything out there IMHO.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 03:36:54 PM »

No, the tweaky Midas is that much of a pain in the ass and the 600 page manual is pretty much worthless, IMHO.  I spent half an hour finding the UNLABELED radio buttons to turn on/patch the headphone jack on a Pro 2.  Hint- they're next to the AES something or other...

I would further disparage this brand but I might need factory support some day...

The UI is a mess, I agree.  I have had some stick time and can get around now.  There is one installed at a venue I work at and one of the rental houses we work with have few.  Just a little exposure.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 10:15:50 AM »

Also, I read somewhere that there was a desktop program that I can work on programming the board and just upload the show file. Is this true, and where do I find it?

Thanks again

I am using Midas M32 mixer with a program called Palladium from https://www.chsounddesign.com/ . It basically does what you are asking. It works with a lot of different mixers. It can even control 3 mixers at a time and they can be all the same or different mixers. I have been using 2-M32s for some shows lately. Many mixers use Midi and with the X32/M32 it can also use OSC (Open Sound Control) that gives you a lot more control on the X32/M32 due to the limited Midi implementation on them. Some mixers have a lot of their features implemented in Midi and some don’t. Someone needs to have configured the Palladium Mixer file for the consoles that you will be using. At the moment there is no Midas Pro mixer file configured for Palladium that I know of. I don’t know if it uses OSC like the X32/M32. I would love to get my hands on one of them and see so I can configure a mixer file for it. But the nearest one that I might be able to play with (I know the owner) is about a 2hr drive from me. Maybe Midas would like to ship me one to play with.

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 08:13:52 PM »

Now Scott, in all fairness you and I were in a Chorus Line together.  God you looked great in those mesh stockings...Hope all is well with you buddy.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2019, 09:45:16 PM »

Now Scott, in all fairness you and I were in a Chorus Line together.  God you looked great in those mesh stockings...Hope all is well with you buddy.

Bill

I thought it was Chicago.  Stunning moves in the Cell Block Tango!
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 08:58:54 PM »

I thought it was Chicago.  Stunning moves in the Cell Block Tango!
Tim, you know it was you and me doing the Cell Block Tango together....

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 08:58:54 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.