ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Service recording software  (Read 3784 times)

Stephen Swaffer

Service recording software
« on: January 12, 2018, 02:49:17 PM »

I am using s Qu-32 to iMac USB link for recording-on the hardware side we are covered and I have Logics on the iMac that I have and do use for recording services.  Our Tascam CD recorder bit the dust and we need digital files as much as we need CDs so we are goojg to go full time with the iMac.

Is there a better or simpler software out there for 2 track recording?  Suggestions for an MP3 encoder?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:48:26 PM by Stephen Swaffer »
Steve Swaffer

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
Re: Service recordinf software
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 03:16:42 PM »

...so we are going to go full time with the iMac.

Is there a better or simpler software out there for 2 track recording?  Suggestions for an MP3 encoder?

I've found Audio Hijack to be invaluable for service recordings. You can record any mono or stereo pair from the Qu.

Here are some other benefits:
  • Built-in scheduler to automatically start and stop recordings during regularly scheduled events.
  • Super simple interface. Once a template is set up, starting the app and hitting the big red record button is all users need to do.
  • Can record to almost any format including mp3 and flac.
  • Can record to multiple file targets at the same time.

I use it to record directly to a Dropbox folder so shortly after the service is over, the recordings are already on my computer at home for post processing.
I split up the recording into individual speech mics on their own tracks + a stereo mix from the console + stereo audience mics.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
Re: Service recording software
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 03:20:21 PM »

I don't know that I'd say it's better or simpler, but there's always Audacity, which is free:

https://www.audacityteam.org/

Available for Windows, Linux, or Mac.

Supports export to MP3 using the open-source LAME encoder. That's not included with the Audacity download due to patent issues, but they have instructions for installing it. The LAME project page indicates that the software patents are now expired, so follow your convictions on this matter.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:24:48 PM by Jonathan Johnson »
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: Service recordinf software
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 06:21:37 PM »

I am using s Qu-32 to iMac USB link for recording-on the hardware side we are covered and I have Logics on the iMac that I have and do use for recording services.  Our Tascam CD recorder bit the dust and we need digital files as much as we need CDs so we are goojg to go full time with the iMac.

You can record directly to a USB drive plugged into the QU32, in the IO set up you can set the source for the recording input if want to create a separate mix or add some processing. It not in MP3 format though, you would need to dump it into a program like Audacity for file conversion and editing.

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 07:00:44 PM »

Thanks Corey, Audio Hijack sounds perfect.  I almost said "I just want a big red button to push".  And we ultimately want it in a Dropbox folder so our volunteer can distribute in whatever format is requested.
Steve Swaffer

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 07:00:44 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.