ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Consultant for NJ High School Auditorium Sound System  (Read 3240 times)

Jeff Axelbank

Consultant for NJ High School Auditorium Sound System
« on: January 03, 2018, 09:56:59 PM »

I'm working with the superintendent of schools in my Central Jersey town to improve the sound system in the High School auditorium.  Every year they stage wonderful musical theater productions, and the kids work so hard.  ... And no one can hear them!  We're looking for someone to do some acoustics analysis, and recommend changes and/or a new system, and then tune it when it's installed.  If anyone can recommend someone in our area, please private message me.  I can give more details that way - I have photos and dimensions, etc.

thanks.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 10:19:20 PM »

I'm working with the superintendent of schools in my Central Jersey town

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Jeff Axelbank

Re: Posting Rules
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 06:35:09 PM »

Okay, Thanks to Mac for help in setting my name correctly. 

Now that I'm legit, I'd appreciate any information on my request.

Thanks,
Jeff

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

David Allred

Re: Posting Rules
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 11:58:39 AM »

Okay, Thanks to Mac for help in setting my name correctly. 

Now that I'm legit, I'd appreciate any information on my request.

Thanks,
Jeff
Is it an auditorium designed for theater or a gym used for theater productions? 

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: Consultant for NJ High School Auditorium Sound System
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 09:00:49 AM »

Is this a fairly new school or auditorium? If so you may be experiencing the issues expressed in this forum under the title "New High School Gym".

Post a couple pictures of the room, equipment, ect.

Who operates the system, anyone with some real basic live sound know how.

How are the actors on stage picked up, hanging mics, lapel mics, headset mics, stage floor mics.

Sometimes the system itself is fine and installed correctly only over the course of time every knob has been turned and every wrong adjust made leaving the system sounding like mush and maybe with a blown speaker component or two. Blown parts can be fixed and the system re-balanced.
Maybe that's all you need if your lucky.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:13:30 AM by Mike Caldwell »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 02:57:28 PM »

We're working on a plan for a visual arts facility that has presentation and performance spaces; the complaint about the existing systems is "it just doesn't work and most of it (the installation) is old."  During the walk through I saw items in racks that were turned off (eq and similar processing) and in a couple rooms a hodge-podge of wiring from the back of the rack.  None of this says "maintained installation".  It doesn't help that the contact person has yet to understand that *appliance level interaction* is expensive - the cost of designing, equipping and programming/wiring to eliminate a human operator is a lot more than the price of buying a few mics, speakers and some wire.

That's not new, but some types of facilities have people that already know these things and too often those who do not have no desire to learn; they are the folks who look at the bid and wonder why the "Crestron programming" is as much or more than the hardware...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 02:57:28 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.