ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Higher end RCF, Jbl or...  (Read 7511 times)

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: Higher end RCF, Jbl or...
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 07:29:47 PM »

If you dont mind used there are 2 EAW-RL 15's over on Fleabay for 1450 each shipped free.
I'd take RCF TT over Redline, and especially over Radius.  The TT25A II is a great speaker. 

Another option to look at is Martin CDD Live 15. 

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 02:19:50 PM »

I've been very happy with my JTR Noesis 3TX. 3 way, under 50lbs, great sound quality, small sight lines. There is no powered option, only passive.
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

Peter Morris

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 04:28:12 AM »

Hi everyone. 

I know there are so many good speakers out there and many opinions.  I sold some of my qsc kw off and would really like to upgrade to something professional for my small system.  50-200 indoors.  Music from bluegrass, folk rock, rock, jazz, and dance bands.  Nothing crazy.  Pole mountable would be nice.  The full size vp poses that small hiccup but I could search for the pole mount or have something fabricated.

I have been looking hard at some jbl vp and rcf TT; the vp7212/dp, 7215/95dpc (compact), and the RCF tt22a-ii.  I've read reviews and almost all have been nothing but high praise. 

Has anyone heard either or been able to compare? 

From the more experienced members, is there anything else you could recommend in $1,500 - $2,500 max range that I am overlooking? 

The fulcrum and kv2 stuff look great but look a little out of my range.  I can get either of the vp for a decent price, roughly what the tt are going for.

I am just looking for something top notch.  Tired of the MI grade stuff.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

I have the TT08s, TT1As, TT2As, TT22A MK2s & TT25 MK2s.

I have been very happy with all of them; the only issue has been some scratchy pots of the original 22A MK1’s.

The new MK2 version of the 22 and 25 sound great, the use of FIR filters has made a noticeable improvement, they are very clear and natural sounding. The VHF above 12K is probably not as nice as the old model but in the field their performance is better where it counts.

The FIR filters introduce a small amount of latency that you may have to consider when choosing or matching with your subs.  In practice this has not been a problem for me.   

Ben Blackwell

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 02:59:20 PM »

The KV2 EX12 was a nice speaker, 13 years ago. I don't think they were ever updated. I think there are better options today, for the same money, or less.

i have the newer kv2 ex12's where as my dealer has older ones.  i believe the hf driver was updated to
 the same driver as their flagship models,   perhaps the amps too.  i wasn't that impressed with the older ones, but noticed quite a difference with the updated ones.  i use them for smaller shows and (dj) monitors.  i have the esd15's for mains for larger events.   i'm loving the sound of my small kv2 system. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 03:26:08 PM by Ben Blackwell »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 02:59:20 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.