ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: UX8800 Network Connection Issue (SOLVED)  (Read 5301 times)

Cornelius Qualley

Re: UX8800 Network Connection Issue
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 06:06:10 PM »

Sounds like you have everything covered except you said "separate routed network" Have you tried with the laptop on the same network segment?

If you put a static IP in the 8800 and connect via a simple switch to a laptop on the same segment can you ping the 8800?

So yes, I can ping it and get a response. What's odd is it's not registered on the IP address that's listed on the UX8800. I can can wire shark it and find it on the network, then when I ping it I get a response. But even on that address I can't get it to come up in EAW Manager.

Cornelius Qualley

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 06:10:44 PM »

You can force the UX8800 into update mode as a last resort.

EAW can tell you how to do it.

I've never used anyything else than the standard port.

Honestly, I think it may be in that mode. I see TFTP requests coming from it when I run wire shark. I can start a TFTP server, but I'm not sure what file name it's looking for. I've contacted EAW but they told me they didn't have any other advice. They didn't have a phone number for ASG at EAW (who is supposed to know more) and told me to send an email, which I've done.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 07:47:45 PM »

Honestly, I think it may be in that mode. I see TFTP requests coming from it when I run wire shark. I can start a TFTP server, but I'm not sure what file name it's looking for. I've contacted EAW but they told me they didn't have any other advice. They didn't have a phone number for ASG at EAW (who is supposed to know more) and told me to send an email, which I've done.

I think you're right.  The TFTP request times out.  And it sits.

Bricked during an update, perhaps?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 02:14:17 AM »

I think you're right.  The TFTP request times out.  And it sits.

Bricked during an update, perhaps?
Get the update file and setup a tftp server on your laptop.  Tftpd is free and works great.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 06:03:11 AM »

If you have menu access, the unit is not in update mode.
Forcing it into update mode removes all menu access, all you get is a message on the display saying «awaiting upgrade».

This had always solved my issues with upgrading old fw on these units.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 12:37:06 PM »

If you have menu access, the unit is not in update mode.
Forcing it into update mode removes all menu access, all you get is a message on the display saying «awaiting upgrade».

This had always solved my issues with upgrading old fw on these units.

With Helge's input there is your answer.  If you can ping it, Layer 1-2-3 are up. 

I appreciate the Wireshark data (though it's always Ethereal to me) but I want to be clear, what address can you ping the unit on, what address and subnet mask is programmed and what is the address and subnet of the computer?

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Cornelius Qualley

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 09:37:00 PM »

I really appreciate all of the replies and suggestions. So after plenty of wasted time, I finally determined that the physical ethernet module was bad. I talked to the ethernet interface manufacturer (since EAW was at a loss) and they confirmed it was not functioning correctly. Had the port not worked at all, I would have just sent the unit in for repair right away, but it clearly was functioning somewhat.

I tried to get the part, but apparently EAW only sells the power supply, no other parts. Anyway, I sent it in for repair and told the repair center that I was 99% sure it was the ethernet card, which it was. Quick turnaround and it's back in operation. Thanks for the suggestions and help!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 09:37:00 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.