ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ampshop issue......  (Read 10574 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Ampshop issue......
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2018, 01:51:51 PM »

As an "innocent bystander" to this thread, I had to check out the new website.  Good Grief - do people still build (and buy) those cabinet designs???

Dave

I also note the lack of any mention of electrical power products.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mike Mottsey

• aikenproaudio
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2018, 03:11:40 PM »

I also note the lack of any mention of electrical power products.

I bought a 50' stinger years ago from him and good thing I checked--he had the wiring on some of the quads reversed! Wouldn't one check them before leaving the shop?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2018, 03:58:19 PM »

I bought a 50' stinger years ago from him and good thing I checked--he had the wiring on some of the quads reversed! Wouldn't one check them before leaving the shop?

We found similar issues in much of the product we received.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2018, 04:38:42 PM »

well, well, well...............
In early November (two months ago!!!) I ordered a power distro from ampshop in San Bernadino, CA.
I spoke to Jim, he sent me an invoice, and I subsequently ordered the unit prepaid via paypal.
Jim later confirmed his receipt of payment.

A month went by and I had received the unit so I called ampshop and followed up with a call and left a message.

Jim called back and explained that there was a back order on Hubbel parts but they had recently received what they needed to complete my order.  He further went on to say that they would finish it up and I would receive it on 12/26.
I waited and never received it...

On Wednesday (3 days ago) I called ampshop and talked to Jim.  He told me that they had mailed the unit and it was "out for delivery" on that day via USPS.
I believed him..
Wednesday's mail was delayed due to a Blizzard in our area...no problem.

My mail was delivered on Thursday..and-no-distro!
I then personally drove to the Post Office to see if they had a box for me...which they didn't.

I feel scammed......

Yesterday I called (left a message) and emailed ampshop informing them that if I do not receive my order OR a full refund by Monday (January 8th) I will report them to the Better Business Bureau and let my "online network" know...

I will report back on Monday.

I just got in and there was a message on my voicemail with a usps tracking #.
I checked the # on USPS.com and there is a package from San Bernadino, CA that was mailed on 1/6 (SATURDAY at 2:53pm)...

I was told it was mailed BEFORE xmass.....

What a coincidence .....I started this thread on Saturday.....and it was mailed out on Saturday....   BTW: On Saturday I left a message for Jim to visit this site and "read-up"......

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2018, 06:08:36 PM »

In all my years of building, rebuilding, and modifying Fender amplifiers I have always reached out to and stayed in contact with the customers, many from this site alone. One amp I sent out to a board member came up with a bad solder joint. I put amps up on the workout bench, not for hours, but for days. This issue bothered me then, and still bothers me, especially because I run so many tests prior to release of the amplifier. I guess that's a matter of pride. What I can never understand is why people continue to take advantage of their customers in the manner being described in this thread. It makes no sense to me, and never will.

To me it sounds as if this person making the distro is a one man shop, much like myself. That being said it's a poor business practice to take someone's money and not deliver, or offer lame excuses for non-delivery. My simple rule is this. You can pay me before hand, or you can pay me on delivery. I'll let you know about how long the job will take and back the job 100% as long as you want (except tubes). But, it won't happen overnight and you may wait up to 3 weeks depending on complexity. However, I will keep you up to date with my progress, send pictures, email, and call you about every step taken. I could be wrong, but I think this is a fair way to treat people who have put their trust in you to do the job right. And I hope all of the people I have dealt with feel I have done the right thing by them, treating them the same way I would like to be treated. Shame on distro boy and his business practices. Shame on me if I've ever made anyone feel the way he makes people feel. I would find that very hard to live with.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2018, 06:30:00 PM »

Bob, you're a craftsman.

This other shop is staffed by... uh....  {snip, snip, snip} persons not up to the task.

Four years ago one of the 'reasons' an assembly we'd ordered was late shipping was "I fired my whole shop, they couldn't build stuff right."  I don't think it helped, based on current commentary, or somehow the same people got rehired.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2018, 07:22:32 PM »

What I can never understand is why people continue to take advantage of their customers in the manner being described in this thread. It makes no sense to me, and never will.

Especially in this day and age, when said customers can share information so widely, so quickly, so easily.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2018, 09:59:17 PM »

It seems that ampshop has "re-badged itself" as: http://www.plproductions.com/
Hot DAMN! It's a website from, what, 1996 or so?!?
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Rick Powell

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2018, 10:32:23 PM »

Hot DAMN! It's a website from, what, 1996 or so?!?

I think you are a decade too recent.

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 11:23:29 PM »

I just got in and there was a message on my voicemail with a usps tracking #.
I checked the # on USPS.com and there is a package from San Bernadino, CA that was mailed on 1/6 (SATURDAY at 2:53pm)...

I was told it was mailed BEFORE xmass.....

What a coincidence .....I started this thread on Saturday.....and it was mailed out on Saturday....   BTW: On Saturday I left a message for Jim to visit this site and "read-up"......
Oh, I was close. I didn’t realize usps shipped on Sat. Canada post sure doesn’t.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 11:23:29 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.