ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ampshop issue......  (Read 10427 times)

Mike Monte

• My website
Ampshop issue......
« on: January 06, 2018, 02:56:06 PM »

well, well, well...............
In early November (two months ago!!!) I ordered a power distro from ampshop in San Bernadino, CA.
I spoke to Jim, he sent me an invoice, and I subsequently ordered the unit prepaid via paypal.
Jim later confirmed his receipt of payment.

A month went by and I had received the unit so I called ampshop and followed up with a call and left a message.

Jim called back and explained that there was a back order on Hubbel parts but they had recently received what they needed to complete my order.  He further went on to say that they would finish it up and I would receive it on 12/26.
I waited and never received it...

On Wednesday (3 days ago) I called ampshop and talked to Jim.  He told me that they had mailed the unit and it was "out for delivery" on that day via USPS.
I believed him..
Wednesday's mail was delayed due to a Blizzard in our area...no problem.

My mail was delivered on Thursday..and-no-distro!
I then personally drove to the Post Office to see if they had a box for me...which they didn't.

I feel scammed......

Yesterday I called (left a message) and emailed ampshop informing them that if I do not receive my order OR a full refund by Monday (January 8th) I will report them to the Better Business Bureau and let my "online network" know...

I will report back on Monday.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Ampshop issue......
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 03:51:05 PM »

You paid via PayPal, which puts a LOT of power in your hands. They've expanded the period to file a claim/complaint/whatever to 180 days from the date of payment, so it'll be simple. If you don't have your order, you put in for a refund through PayPal. If he doesn't get a tracking number uploaded ASAP, it'll close in your favor.

Naturally, that SHOULD be a last resort, but you sound like you're at your wits end being strung along, and sometimes a heavy hit like that is what's needed to get a vendor's attention.

[Unfortunately, the lower cost of products from vendors like Ampshop and others (yes, I have stories...) come at the expense of less-than-perfect build quality, no UL listing, and the occasional poor customer service experience like this...]

It's unfortunate that he did not feel obligated to send you the tracking number, because then you'd have, you know, an assurance it was actually shipped.....

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 03:54:52 PM »

Broken record. He's pulled the same shit on me a couple times. I bought probably a half dozen rack packs from him over the years, and in every single case there has been an issue- either not shipped when he's told me it has, sent the wrong documents to get across the border, distro's with different layout than we agreed upon, etc. I only put up with the shenanigans because his prices are good.
But I have since decided it's better to spend a little more and get what I actually ordered, and get it when promised.
You'll get your distro eventually-when he gets around to it finishing it and getting it shipped.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 03:59:20 PM »

And I'm gonna be the jerk here. As long as people "put up with it because the prices are good," nothing *ever* changes. Last distro I purchased was through Motion Labs, and cost twice what it would have been through DimmerRack.com. But, I appreciate knowing that it'll be built to code, it's not going to catch on fire when I first use it, and even on the off-chance something DOES go wrong in manufacturing, they're going to take care of it IMMEDIATELY instead of give me huge amounts of grief to get their defect corrected. The extra expense is worth my sanity. ;)

Seems that BJ realised that- stop enabling/supporting the track record of poor build/customer service and life is way way better.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 04:14:53 PM »

I will say that I never really had any problem with the build quality -good quality components and decent work inside the box. I'd say the distro's are likely built to code, but not certified- and without the certification you may as well be using a DIY distro.
I did manage to get a few of his certified here a few years back. For the cost of that I may as well have bought a certified box from the start.

The last one I got from him, he was saying the same thing ...waiting for parts, it's going out tomorrow, it'll be delivered this week, stuck at customs, etc. Of course requests for tracking go unanswered. When I finally received the unit, I checked the tracking number. It had only left his place a day or 2 earlier. He was lying the whole time. That was enough for me.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 04:58:10 PM »

I will say that I never really had any problem with the build quality -good quality components and decent work inside the box. I'd say the distro's are likely built to code, but not certified- and without the certification you may as well be using a DIY distro.
I did manage to get a few of his certified here a few years back. For the cost of that I may as well have bought a certified box from the start.

The last one I got from him, he was saying the same thing ...waiting for parts, it's going out tomorrow, it'll be delivered this week, stuck at customs, etc. Of course requests for tracking go unanswered. When I finally received the unit, I checked the tracking number. It had only left his place a day or 2 earlier. He was lying the whole time. That was enough for me.

An hour ago I called Jim (the owner) and after several attempts he answered.  I asked him where my order was and he said that he did ship it.  I asked him for the tracking number and he said that he was not in the office (what a surprise) and would email the tracking # to me on Monday.
I am not holding my breath...

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 05:57:17 PM »

I predict you get it Tues, and when you check the tracking it will show being shipped Monday. lol- no really.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 05:59:53 PM »

Never mind...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 09:51:19 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 06:07:51 PM »

An hour ago I called Jim (the owner) and after several attempts he answered.  I asked him where my order was and he said that he did ship it.  I asked him for the tracking number and he said that he was not in the office (what a surprise) and would email the tracking # to me on Monday.
I am not holding my breath...
You can look at the tracking and see when it was picked up from the vendor.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Jim Turner

• Calgary, Alberta... Canada eh!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 06:54:37 PM »

Should this topic be a sticky? lol
smile & wave...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 06:54:37 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.