ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade controller & amps for Bose 802 / 302 system  (Read 3279 times)

Jeff Tarkington

Upgrade controller & amps for Bose 802 / 302 system
« on: January 03, 2018, 04:55:06 PM »

Before I start, I know, this gear is really old...

We have a system that is 20+ years old that consists of a pair of 802-II's, a pair of 302-II's connected with a 802c controller and driven with a pair of Crown PS-400 Amps.  The system actually works well without any issues but we realize it's really old.  There are a pair of RANE ME-60's for EQ in the system as well.

We'd like to update the amp's and controller to more modern equipment and continue to use the existing speakers unless there are some reasons to do away with speakers that are working.  Being the 802c controller is no longer sold, would the ControlSpace ESP series be an acceptable replacement?  If not, what are my options?  What Amps would you recommend, I know that some Amps today have EQ built in as well.

Thanks for any guidance.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber