ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brightest LED lights  (Read 504 times)

Brandon Duhon

Brightest LED lights
« on: December 31, 2017, 05:18:51 pm »

Hello all. I'm in a touring band and we've been using a few ADJ Sunray III lights for our stage performance. They are older and use halogen bulbs, and create a "mirror ball" effect.

We are upgrading our light show to DMX, and so unfortunately these Sunray lights will no longer be useful for us. We are interested in getting LED DMX lights that create this same mirror ball effect. However we've noticed that the LED lights out there, such as the ADJ Starball, are not nearly as bright.

Is there an LED light with this mirror ball effect that is also very bright? Which would be the brightest that you have seen? We would also be open to something that is similar to a mirror ball effect but not necessarily exactly the same.

Thank you very much for any help you can offer.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Brightest LED lights
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 02:18:43 am »

Hi Brandon, is there a reason why this fixture must be DMX?  You can turn non-DMX fixtures on and off via a DMX Relay Pack, which should not be confused with a DMX Dimmer Pack.  I still use numerous halogen effects in my rig as the show designs call for, and this is how I control them. 

I agree that most LED effect lights lack the output of their older halogen counterparts, but if you must replace the older fixtures Iíd suggest looking towards a discharge lamp effect.  The Martin Wizard Rush comes to mind.  Itís not a mirror ball effect so much as itís a barrel scanner and moonflower effect, but you can achieve a somewhat similar overall look with these.  You could also consider using a real mirror ball too, but I find those rather cumbersome for mobile use.  Hope this helps!   

duane massey

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 05:45:50 am »

Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Josh Rawls

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 09:20:28 am »

I haven't found any LED fixtures that simulate a mirror ball. I use 2 Martin RUSH Wizards to create this effect and it looks really good. Those are now discontinued but you can get the ADJ Warlock which is almost the same exact fixture.
Josh Rawls
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 17 queries.