ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Intermittent Noise in Sound System  (Read 8359 times)

Todd Friemuth

Re: Random Intermittent Noise in Sound System
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2018, 04:57:36 AM »

Maybe I've missed this detail as I just quickly looked over your system diagram, but I didn't notice what type of PA system you are dealing with. You don't happen to have any older Crown I-Tech's in use do you?

John K. Harris

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2018, 03:07:49 PM »

Do You still use the same Whirlwind cable?

No, the Whirlwind digital snake got replaced by a Presonus RM32ai, the ethernet cable was the only thing that remained.

Maybe I've missed this detail as I just quickly looked over your system diagram, but I didn't notice what type of PA system you are dealing with. You don't happen to have any older Crown I-Tech's in use do you?

We have 4 QSC RMX-1850HD for the monitor wedges. For the mains we use EAW NTL720s for the mains and EAW NTS250s for subs.

So definitely no Crown I-Techs.

Actually looking into the Nexia DSP to watch the input and output metering coule be helpfull in narrowing down were the noise is coming from, watching for a spike in the levels and noting where it showed up at.

Assuming of course the installer connected the metering function blocks to the inputs and outputs!!

You can download the software from the Bi-Amp website.

To get into the Nexia you would need to know it's IP address and if needed any passwords. Getting to the live view layout from there is not to tough, in live view you can open up processing blocks and change levels, EQ, Ect.....so be careful!! Look for the input output blocks generally on the left and right of the layout page, you should see bunch of lines "wires" going to a meter block as well as lines connecting to the various processing blocks.

As for the Crestron unit you pretty much need to be a certified Crestron programmer to have the software to really get into their equipment.

Thank you for the guidance on the Nexia. The only thing is I don't think I have the password to access it though. I may have to contact the installer for it.

Magnus Högkvist

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2018, 01:03:25 PM »

No, the Whirlwind digital snake got replaced by a Presonus RM32ai, the ethernet cable was the only thing that remained.

Yes, that was what I was trying to ask. So the cable from FOH to the stage is the same in the new setup as in the old, which also had the same noise?

John K. Harris

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2018, 10:11:01 PM »

Actually looking into the Nexia DSP to watch the input and output metering coule be helpfull in narrowing down were the noise is coming from, watching for a spike in the levels and noting where it showed up at.

Assuming of course the installer connected the metering function blocks to the inputs and outputs!!

You can download the software from the Bi-Amp website.

To get into the Nexia you would need to know it's IP address and if needed any passwords. Getting to the live view layout from there is not to tough, in live view you can open up processing blocks and change levels, EQ, Ect.....so be careful!! Look for the input output blocks generally on the left and right of the layout page, you should see bunch of lines "wires" going to a meter block as well as lines connecting to the various processing blocks.

As for the Crestron unit you pretty much need to be a certified Crestron programmer to have the software to really get into their equipment.

So Mike, I actually got trained to use Audio/Nexia now, but just been to busy with other things to reply to this thread until now. I can upload a snapshot of the Nexia in the system into this post.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2018, 08:34:48 PM »

So Mike, I actually got trained to use Audio/Nexia now, but just been to busy with other things to reply to this thread until now. I can upload a snapshot of the Nexia in the system into this post.

Most likely if you scroll that screen up you will find the block of input meters, watch the meters and if you see one of meters show a level spike at the same time you hear the noise then check that connected input source.
If any of those inputs have an open room mic on it you may see two level meter spikes, one from the source it self and the other from the mic picking up the noise. The direct source should be the higher one.
Of course the noise maybe coming from the output of the DSP or even further downstream in that case the input metering would not show it.

For the input meters to be active you need to be in the online live mode.
If the meters are not below the layout block click on the peak meter block.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2018, 08:34:48 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.