ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Implementing assisted listening  (Read 7232 times)

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
Re: Implementing assisted listening
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 07:54:57 PM »

Kind of late here but I have some new info.  We have a man with two Cochlear Implants who wanted to use our hearing assist system.  I gave him a receiver and a neck loop, and he said he could not understand what he was hearing.  Our system was old (About 25 years) but seemed to work OK.  Perhaps a bit noisy, and you might need to position the receiver a bit for the best signal but it worked with plenty of volume.  After talking with the people at Listen technology I learned that volume is only part of the solution. You and I can hear part of a word and our mind will fill in the rest.  With impaired hearing this is harder.  They need volume AND clarity.  We replaced our transmitter and a few receivers with new from Listen. Same FM frequency and channel.  The guy came up to me after the service and held up the receiver and said I CAN HEAR. I understood every word. I am keeping this receiver.

I tried our booth cans on a new receiver and it sounds just like the cans on the board.

BTW I am crazy cheep so we bought it all on Ebay.

BBTW I put a little delay on the system so those with some hearing get the same sound from there earphone that they get from the speakers.  I did this after one guy complained of a echo. 

Given this info, I don't think I would use anything related to smart phone or blue tooth.
Not to Code

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Implementing assisted listening
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 07:54:57 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.