ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church Sound Media Tech Humor  (Read 3036 times)

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
Church Sound Media Tech Humor
« on: December 23, 2017, 09:46:01 AM »

Just a little pre-christmas humor :)

The regularity of the conversations and how ironic this is might be missed by some of y'all; but it's good in general for even our conversations :) except applied to: "i bought brand x and y and z, can i haz halps to make it work?"
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Church Sound Media Tech Humor
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 05:31:07 PM »

Just a little pre-christmas humor :)

The regularity of the conversations and how ironic this is might be missed by some of y'all; but it's good in general for even our conversations :) except applied to: "i bought brand x and y and z, can i haz halps to make it work?"
#17 All Allen & Heath consoles are always broken.  Also they suck.  Maybe lame amateurs can use them, but that's it.

What's the difference between an opinion and fake news?

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 07:04:24 AM »

I thought you could fix the room echo and reverb with some electronic gizmo.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 09:50:48 AM »

Can’t they just pray for it to sound better?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 12:34:34 PM »

Can’t they just pray for it to sound better?

I heard a worship person ask for divine intervention when the mixerperson seemed to find the feedback knob on every input...  I was expecting a lightning bolt or earthquake or plague of locusts to dispatch the mixerperson but nothing that dramatic happened.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 03:26:34 PM »

#19) We need to upgrade our sound system. We have the stage on the long wall. The ceiling is 9' high and the room is 40' deep and 60' wide with concrete floors. We want to mount the speakers on the wall behind the stage with double-sticky tape. Can we get 105dB? Our budget is $5.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

David Pedd

• Gilbert, AZ
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 03:47:55 PM »

#19) We need to upgrade our sound system. We have the stage on the long wall. The ceiling is 9' high and the room is 40' deep and 60' wide with concrete floors. We want to mount the speakers on the wall behind the stage with double-sticky tape. Can we get 105dB? Our budget is $5.

Are you making fun of my church?   8)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 05:51:38 PM »

Back when I was doing installs, I actually had a Church committee come to talk about upgrading their sound system.

They had a meeting the night before and voted and decided on a budget.

I talked to them a little bit about what they currently had-which was literally nothing.

I asked what their budget was, just to have a basic idea of what I could do for them.

They said it was $100.  Yes One Hundred dollars :0  They figured that was a lot of money to spend on just some speakers and amplifiers.

I tried not to be rude, but told them that they had already spent $100 of my time just talking to them.

Some people just have unrealistic expectations.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 07:34:27 PM »

Are you making fun of my church?   8)

Not until the double-stick tape gives way...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 03:48:20 PM »

I asked what their budget was, just to have a basic idea of what I could do for them.

They said it was $100.  Yes One Hundred dollars :0  They figured that was a lot of money to spend on just some speakers and amplifiers.

Some people just have unrealistic expectations.

I think those unrealistic expectations are based on unequal experiences.

They think because a $30 boombox plays a tape (yes, I said tape, does that make me old?) loud in their living room, that spending three times as much should buy a system that makes their pastor's voice and praise team's guitar loud in a church sanctuary that's three times as large as their living room.

I've seen people think they are going to use a Bose Wave Radio as reinforcement for an audience of hundreds... outdoors.

You just can't take something designed for one purpose in one environment and expect it to perform well for a purpose and in an environment it was never intended to fulfill. I don't know how you'd get some people to understand that.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 03:48:20 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.