ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stagebox 32R not working  (Read 3128 times)

Phillip Yaskut

Stagebox 32R not working
« on: December 21, 2017, 08:53:34 PM »

Hi I just bought a new stagebox 32r. After putting everything together and installing the box into the rack I updated the mixer (si performer 3) to v1.8 The lock light on the stage box is solid however on the mixer card it flashes. The inputs register as digital which is a littled strange because the inputs are actually analog. I have no control over them and stage box is un responsive. I already tryed reseting config and set the clocking to INTernl.
Please help! Thanks in advance

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 09:20:23 PM »

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
Re: Stagebox 32R not working
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 11:31:00 PM »

Hi I just bought a new stagebox 32r. After putting everything together and installing the box into the rack I updated the mixer (si performer 3) to v1.8 The lock light on the stage box is solid however on the mixer card it flashes. The inputs register as digital which is a littled strange because the inputs are actually analog. I have no control over them and stage box is un responsive. I already tryed reseting config and set the clocking to INTernl.
I use the Vi series a lot, but the Madi over cat5 is the same animal.
Check the setting of the "main/aux/red" switch on the console Madi card. Check the manual for your 32R, but i believe it must be in "main" for you to have preamp control (you will be the "master" console).
Also make sure the your cat5 cable is in the same port ("main") on both ends. Sounds like you might have "main" on one end and "aux"on the other end. That would make the stage box show up as a digital split on your console with the preamp control assigned to another console that would have the "main" Madi connection. The 32R manual has some hook up diagrams for the various setups.

The lock light needs to be solid at both ends of the Madi stream. Flashing is a sign that you something is crossed up and there is no sync between the two devices.

The clocking setting on the console sets the console clock to internal or external, the stage rack gets it's clock signal from the Madi stream.
"config" just re polls the i/o cards in the rack and lets the console know what is loaded. Usually only needed after you change cards around or do some re-seating.

Best of luck.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Stagebox 32R not working
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 11:31:00 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.