ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The cheapest wireless mics I've ever seen  (Read 9661 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: The cheapest wireless mics I've ever seen
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 01:56:22 PM »

It was found further down the page....
I was talking about the link that the OP (John) posted, which only gives this...
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2017, 02:34:40 PM »

Me too. Scroll about halfways on that page and you’ll find more tech ‘specs’.

I was talking about the link that the OP (John) posted, which only gives this...

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2017, 02:42:23 PM »

Me too. Scroll about halfways on that page and you’ll find more tech ‘specs’.
We must somehow be looking at different pages. When I follow the link that John posted, there's no more "tech specs" on that Amazon page beyond what I posted above. =-\

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2017, 03:21:54 PM »

That’s odd. I’m an iPad so perhaps I’m getting a different view

We must somehow be looking at different pages. When I follow the link that John posted, there's no more "tech specs" on that Amazon page beyond what I posted above. =-\

-Ray

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2017, 03:40:02 PM »

That’s odd. I’m an iPad so perhaps I’m getting a different view
That's what I posted, with "500MHz to 790MHz" in it, not something "UHF 261.6 - 238.6 MHz :-)" which is what you'd posted before. So we're both correct right now, just somehow your previous post said the wrong numbers as opposed to what's on that page linked to!

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

John L Nobile

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2017, 03:40:33 PM »

There is 2 different specs for frequencies. I didn't notice at first and they're so different and wide that they're probably both BS.

I'm just happy I didn't have to let them use my KSM9's for kids Karaoke. That just seems criminal!

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2017, 03:45:33 PM »

There is 2 different specs for frequencies. I didn't notice at first and they're so different and wide that they're probably both BS.

I'm just happy I didn't have to let them use my KSM9's for kids Karaoke. That just seems criminal!
Well, one of the reviews on the Amazon page was from someone who DID use a frequency scanner to check it out, and DID mention that it was not anything close to what they advertise the freq range is. As in...

Based on that, if they're really working in the 200MHz range, you may need to insist that they get rid of them immediately...

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

John L Nobile

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2017, 04:01:50 PM »

Well, one of the reviews on the Amazon page was from someone who DID use a frequency scanner to check it out, and DID mention that it was not anything close to what they advertise the freq range is. As in...

Based on that, if they're really working in the 200MHz range, you may need to insist that they get rid of them immediately...

-Ray

I'm not well versed in all the freq ranges and what they cover but here's what I found in the Canadian Table of Frequency Publications which is on a gov website

MHz
222 - 225   primary service AMATEUR end primary service
225 - 312   primary service FIXED end primary service primary service MOBILE end primary service
5.111 5.254 5.256 C5

And a link to the site

http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/sf10759.html#t2

So if those mics are in the 250-300 range, will this be a problem. We're in a very low density area and max range on these units is 80 ft. Or maybe 8 ft. At this price, it could be either.

I'm still shocked that they came with 4 AA Duracells. Unless they're knock offs.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2017, 04:28:18 PM »

I'm not well versed in all the freq ranges and what they cover but here's what I found in the Canadian Table of Frequency Publications which is on a gov website

MHz
222 - 225   primary service AMATEUR end primary service
225 - 312   primary service FIXED end primary service primary service MOBILE end primary service
5.111 5.254 5.256 C5

And a link to the site

http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/sf10759.html#t2

So if those mics are in the 250-300 range, will this be a problem. We're in a very low density area and max range on these units is 80 ft. Or maybe 8 ft. At this price, it could be either.

Whether in Canada or below, that's government and military two-way radio communications spectrum, some of it at fairly high power.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2017, 04:44:46 PM »

https://www.amazon.com/ARCHEER-Wireless-Microphone-Microphones-Conference/dp/B01N51KFHK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513627923&sr=8-1&keywords=ARCHEER+UHF+Wireless+Microphone+System

I work at a Resort and our recreation dept ordered these mics to use for kids Karaoke over the holidays. They didn't ask me which is odd cause I have a 12 ch UXLD4Q system with 6 handhelds. But I'm not going to mention it. The mics wouldn't last long in unsupervised use.

Since I'm the audio/IT guy, I'll probably be the one that sets them up. They'll be here on Thursday. Can't wait!!! :(

I think I encountered one even cheaper:  ($30/ch)

https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PDWM8900-Wireless-Microphone-Lavalier/dp/B005BSOW82/ref=sr_1_4?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1513978387&sr=1-4&keywords=pyle+8+channel+wireless+mic

This is what our school music teacher bought for me to attempt to run.
-individually a single channel sounded usable, but the unit barely reached if receiver was 50' away, but with all channels on it dropped to about 25' range.  Normally I would then put the receiver onstage and close-by,

but they only provide a single output! 

So the unit has to live at the console because you have to mix using the knobs on it's front.
-ended up "mixing" from side-stage.
And yes, he bought "16-channels" worth -but both units were on same frequencies!

(Can't believe such crap is tolerated)
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2017, 04:44:46 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.