ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixing Station for Soundcraft  (Read 5955 times)

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Mixing Station for Soundcraft
« on: December 15, 2017, 04:32:02 PM »

I was providing lights at a gig last night and the FOH guy was mixing on a giant tablet with Mixing station for his Midas board.

I WANT THAT!  for my Performers.  ViSi :P!
I absolutely would pay for that kind of control and flexibility.
How about if all the Expression, Performer and Impact users send a request to this guy to write an app for us?!
I did.

Go to:  https://dev-core.org
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Lou Kohley

Re: Mixing Station for Soundcraft
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 08:46:45 PM »

Hi Dave.

It was great to meet you at the gig. Sorry if I gave you tablet envy.

This can probably be done with a template on touch osc but would take
some major midi programming. Otherwise hopefully David will work on a version of mixing station for soundcraft consoles.

Does the visi app have a console follow so you can use two tablets. One for faders and one for selected channel.

Additional info for anyone interested:
I was using a Samsung galaxy view. I also made a layout for mixing station that can get me (most) anywhere in the console in one touch.

LOU

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 10:01:14 PM »

ViSi does let you use multiple devices.
I have an Ipad mini running as a meter bridge while using the regular Ipad to Walk the room.
Mostly I mix at the board.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 11:01:19 PM »

I have the Samsung View and started a thread last year regarding using it for mixing. I love the layout and how everything is so easy to see and use due to its size BUT I have always had difficulty staying connected to my QU series mixers. Even after taking the advice of members here regarding setting IP addresses and such, it did not give me the reliability I required and had become used to so I had to go back to my iPad for most shows. The QU mixers seem to work best with iPads.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Lou Kohley

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 11:40:20 PM »

I haven’t used mine on a Qu yet. Ive only used mine on x/m32.
Ive used multiple types of access points with both static and dhcp. It has been solid. Ive also used it with an ethernet adapter for a little while but wireless has been very reliable.

I wonder why the qu behaves differently.

LOU

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 10:53:00 AM »

I have the Samsung View and started a thread last year regarding using it for mixing. I love the layout and how everything is so easy to see and use due to its size BUT I have always had difficulty staying connected to my QU series mixers. Even after taking the advice of members here regarding setting IP addresses and such, it did not give me the reliability I required and had become used to so I had to go back to my iPad for most shows. The QU mixers seem to work best with iPads.

Debbie;

Did you have the same results regardless of tablet used or do you think is was an issue with the Samsung View? I've thought about picking one up for a stationary back of the room FOH (although wireless) and roam with my tablet as I have been. I use low cost RCA tablets that are very stable. 0 problems. I can't think where the QU would be any different than my XM32 program as far as tablet resources but I guess it may be possible.

Thanks;
Douglas R. Allen

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 12:10:45 AM »

Debbie;

Did you have the same results regardless of tablet used or do you think is was an issue with the Samsung View? I've thought about picking one up for a stationary back of the room FOH (although wireless) and roam with my tablet as I have been. I use low cost RCA tablets that are very stable. 0 problems. I can't think where the QU would be any different than my XM32 program as far as tablet resources but I guess it may be possible.

Thanks;
Douglas R. Allen

I don't have another tablet to compare Doug - I'm all IPads. It could be just the View- I have considered this before.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Gunther Mai

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 12:48:52 AM »

I'm using Galaxy View and 'mixing station pro' on wifi with several boards of the x/m32 family and different routers without any problems.
Learn the 101 of networking.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:57:21 AM by Gunther Mai »

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 04:00:17 PM »

I'm using Galaxy View and 'mixing station pro' on wifi with several boards of the x/m32 family and different routers without any problems.

Excuse me?......please do not assume anything of me.
Maybe YOU should learn the 101 of basic manners.
Do some research, check out some of my older well detailed threads on this matter, and check out just how much effort myself and some of the very qualified folks on this forum put into troubleshooting the issue with me last year when I first started having problems.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 04:25:06 PM »

Bam! :o
Debbie, I'd like to personally apologize for all the condescending man-splainers of the world.
Myself included (sometimes).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:30:01 PM by Dave Garoutte »

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 04:48:38 PM »

Bam! :o
Debbie, I'd like to personally apologize for all the condescending man-splainers of the world.
Myself included (sometimes).

;)

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 09:13:53 AM »

Instead of typing a negative, self-centered, and otherwise unhelpful post, maybe you could offer some insight by telling us what details of Debbie’s setup differ from yours?

Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Gunther Mai

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 09:57:20 AM »

Regarding to this tenderly formulated invitation to give more details and being able to understand the drift that happened to the topic the simple answer is:
NO

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 12:19:35 PM »

Regarding to this tenderly formulated invitation to give more details and being able to understand the drift that happened to the topic the simple answer is:
NO
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
That said, we are here to share knowledge, and learn from each other. If you don't feel like playing along, well, nothing else to say.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 02:00:33 PM »

If you read the post, the problem was not with a Behringer but a QU16.
 Debbie has worked with others here that are very experienced with networking and could not resolve the issue.
Considering her iPad works fine, it's not her lack of "networking 101" knowledge.
It could be the particular tablet hardware that is the problem.

You will get along much better here by no being rude.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 06:30:17 PM »

I believe that the View was designed more to be a mobile TV than anything else. Even when you first turn on from factory, the home page is TV streaming channels.  All the ads and marketing was aimed more down that road too.
When I have tried to get deeper into the networking configuration side of things, it doesn't appear to offer a lot of the settings that are found on a standard galaxy tablet or Samsung phone.
I was expecting too much probably and assumed that it would be an easier transition using the QU series of mixers - but not so.

I have heard very good things about how well it works with the X/M series of mixers so that is good to hear from folks. Like I said in my earlier post, I LOVE the layout and the size of everything - makes it so much easier to get to stuff and no issues with 'fat finger' syndrome at all. I have tried it from time to time and once in a while I have had decent results.
I have recently started to raise my router up about 8-9ft on a stand every show because I was starting to get the odd drop out even on my iPads over the last 6 months or so - never really happened before.....the airways are getting congested out there!.....
so, maybe I'll try the Samsung again and see if I get better results now with the router up high.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 06:30:17 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.