ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: First Decent Lighting Setup HELP! DMX Splitters Signal Distance Ideal Setup etc  (Read 4564 times)

Jerome Malsack

True on the wireless also eliminates trip hazards and emergency exits problems to be worked around.  Gaff taping and such. 
Something to keep in mind is wireless is not guaranteed to work 100 percent.  You can not always light up 3 or 4 walls because of insurance and liability of trip hazards.  Power and signal.  4 to 6 wireless will be a help.  Signal splitter is a help.  Signal splitter can help in trouble shooting. 
Signal splitter can split stage left and stage right.  or  PAR 64 LED from the more complex moving head with 16 channels.  I tend to split the movers from the simple items to keep my trouble shooting down. 

Steve Garris

I would definitely look into wireless connections.
You can set the transmitter at the controller and a receiver at each location and just cable between each fixture there.
This eliminates a lot of vulnerable cable and does the splitting for you.

This is what I do. I use the Donner wireless units and they have never failed me.

Terry Martin

I picked up the Donner units about 1 month ago.  It has really reduced time for patching the stage.  They have performed without failure so far (about 8 gigs). 

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.