ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power Distributor wiring  (Read 3538 times)

Timmy Liland

Power Distributor wiring
« on: January 17, 2018, 01:58:03 PM »

I would like to use this Power Distributor.
It will be used for both dimmers and fixed voltage at the same time, permanently installed
in a light truss in a concert venue.
(Any combination of both options at any time)

If you enlarge the picture you can see the wiring diagram.
The supply cable is 18 x 2.5 mm² cable.

Can I use this wiring as it is or should I rebuild it to 6 separate circuits using the earth connectors at the connector sides for two of the circuits?

Edit: I am in Norway and this venue has 400V 3-phase power supply.
        The power distributor will be used with dimmers 0-230V and
        fixed voltage 230V.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:45:49 PM by Timmy Liland »

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Power Distributor wiring
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 02:13:53 PM »

It will be used for both dimmers and fixed voltage at the same time, permanently installed

Can I use this wiring as it is or should I rebuild it to 6 separate circuits using the earth connectors at the connector sides for two of the circuits?
What country are you in?  That will make a large difference.

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 03:23:43 PM »

To me, it appears to be 6 separate circuits already, sharing a common earth safety connection.

Modifying it would void the listing on the unit.  My vote would be to use as is.
Steve Swaffer

David Kramnic

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 04:52:52 PM »

Edit: I am in Norway and this venue has 400V 3-phase power supply.
        The power distributor will be used with dimmers 0-230V and
        fixed voltage 230V.

It already is 6 separate ckts. It connects to a dmx controlled dimmer pack with pre-manufactured cables with Harting connectors. Are you building your own dimmer packs? Because I wouldn't try to use this in any way other than how the manufacturer intends.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:56:30 PM by David Kramnic »

Timmy Liland

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 05:34:51 AM »

It already is 6 separate ckts. It connects to a dmx controlled dimmer pack with pre-manufactured cables with Harting connectors. Are you building your own dimmer packs? Because I wouldn't try to use this in any way other than how the manufacturer intends.

My venues front truss has 6 fixed dimmer circuits. Sometimes that is not enough, so I would like to install 6 more circuits with the help of this distributing box, cable and a fan out pictured below. The fan out will be connected to one or two mobile dimmers on stage and/or fixed 230V circuits in any combination, all at the same time.

David Kramnic

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 05:25:04 PM »

My venues front truss has 6 fixed dimmer circuits. Sometimes that is not enough, so I would like to install 6 more circuits with the help of this distributing box, cable and a fan out pictured below. The fan out will be connected to one or two mobile dimmers on stage and/or fixed 230V circuits in any combination, all at the same time.

OK, good. This cable looks correct but make sure all the ground clips are correct on the plugs that fan out, and go to both ground clips on the distro box. And that the ground clips are also correct at the schuko plugs (europlugs or whatever you call them there) that I assume are fed by the dimmers, and those from the breaker panel (separate breaker for each circuit I hope). If all those grounds are present all the way through and wired correctly you should be ok, no need to change anything on the distro box.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 05:25:04 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.