ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: scrappy weather  (Read 2173 times)

Steve Litscher

• 608 Sound and Light
Re: scrappy weather
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 12:16:13 am »

Thanks for the extra info; Full Compass is in my backyard and from what I can tell from the site and my rep, they only list the "transit" cover for the DSR speakers. That weatherproof cover that Tim linked to via YouTube appears to be for everything other than the DSR series. Boo.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 11:46:50 am »

Thanks for the extra info; Full Compass is in my backyard and from what I can tell from the site and my rep, they only list the "transit" cover for the DSR speakers. That weatherproof cover that Tim linked to via YouTube appears to be for everything other than the DSR series. Boo.

I can't find the little "manual" that came with my covers but I got the impression they fit all of the xxx112 speakers.  Might be worth checking the size of the DSR and compare, as the covers are just a little on the roomy side - if the DSR is a tad larger (say 1/2 inch) I think they'd fit.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 05:00:13 pm »

I can't find the little "manual" that came with my covers but I got the impression they fit all of the xxx112 speakers.  Might be worth checking the size of the DSR and compare, as the covers are just a little on the roomy side - if the DSR is a tad larger (say 1/2 inch) I think they'd fit.

The DSR112 is 18mm deeper and 25mm taller than the DXR12 - those covers would have to be a very sloppy fit on the DXR to still fit the DSR, unless they've got some kind of removable insert.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 07:05:44 pm »

The DSR112 is 18mm deeper and 25mm taller than the DXR12 - those covers would have to be a very sloppy fit on the DXR to still fit the DSR, unless they've got some kind of removable insert.

Ah, the Ivan quote:   It depends... on exactly where the 18mm depth is.  It would be snug.  Height would come up short, though.  Only about 1 cm of overhang on the bottom.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.