ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Decent Dual Wireless (Handheld) <= around $400  (Read 6608 times)

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Decent Dual Wireless (Handheld) <= around $400
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 08:03:51 PM »

I have some BLX1288/PG58 systems in a discontinued freq group (NOT 600mHz) that would be very reasonably priced if I kept the headsets and you bought some lavs separately, but getting them to you in 2 days (or one day now maybe) would cost you a whopping premium.

For future consideration, aside from the suggestions that others here have made, you could also take a look at Mipro systems. The ACT-7 series is excellent and they have a newer ACT-8 digital line that looks promising.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 11:57:34 AM »

$400 to rent a dual mic system with 2 days notice in NYC does sound a little high, but not completely out of question....

Seriously, though, with wireless mics, remember that in order to achieve the equivalent of wired quality, you typically need to spend about 10X what the wired alternative would cost.  So, on your budget, you're saying that a $20 mic and cable would be acceptable for the job...  Yeah, good luck with that one.
Brian Jojade

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 12:31:14 PM »

$400 to rent a dual mic system with 2 days notice in NYC does sound a little high, but not completely out of question....

Seriously, though, with wireless mics, remember that in order to achieve the equivalent of wired quality, you typically need to spend about 10X what the wired alternative would cost.  So, on your budget, you're saying that a $20 mic and cable would be acceptable for the job...  Yeah, good luck with that one.
Brian, he wants to BUY, not rent.......

"The most expensive wireless on the planet is ALMOST as good as the same capsule on a $35.00 50ft cable."
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 12:52:35 PM »

This is for corporate use.. probably no musical performance (tho anything is possible)..

but they want something decent sounding..
and reliable..
and from a manufacturer able and willing to sell replacement transmitters or receivers..
and while they want cardioid handhelds now, they might want lavaliers later, using the same receiver..

and they don't want to spend a ton.. but don't want cheap Chinese garbage either.  Nothing against Chinese gear.. if it's decent quality.. just not the cheap stuff, and not if it's unsupported.

and the budget is around $400 or less for a receiver and two transmitters..
and I need it in NYC in 2 days!

Suggestions?

My first pick was the Shure BLX288/PG58 system.. but that's $520.  The Samson Concert 288 SWC288HQ6 is $300 and I'm not a huge fan of Samson but I'd go there before I'd touch something like Vocopro or Nady...

Thanks!

Rent. You'll need receivers with good front end rejection in a very busy rf spectrum and cheaper units may not be up to spec.
Look at the bestaudio.com site for a bunch of actual scans from many NYC venues so you have an idea what frequencies will work. Pick the one closest to where you will be and have a look.

Ryan McLeod

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 11:44:50 PM »

"The most expensive wireless on the planet is ALMOST as good as the same capsule on a $35.00 50ft cable."
Chris.

Simple and eloquent.... i’m gonna steal that line Chris - thanks you.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 12:24:57 AM »

Simple and eloquent.... i’m gonna steal that line Chris - thanks you.
Have at it Ryan. I stole it myself. 15 or 20 years ago in one of the trade rags.
Still true today....
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: Decent Dual Wireless (Handheld) &lt;= around $400
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 07:57:36 AM »

Have at it Ryan. I stole it myself. 15 or 20 years ago in one of the trade rags.
Still true today....
Chris.
You must have adjusted the price for inflation then :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 03:32:49 PM »

Yes I get that, but his budget provided is only good enough to rent for one event.

I always get a kick out of these kinds of posts.  Looking for a quality reliable product at a fraction of what real world prices are.  If there was such a product on the market, do you think any of us would be willingly forking over huge amounts of money for the higher quality product?  Of course not.

The discussions always end up revolving around which pile of shit is the better pile of shit.  But, in the end, they are both piles of shit, so does it really matter which one smells less?
Brian Jojade

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 03:44:17 PM »

Yes I get that, but his budget provided is only good enough to rent for one event.

I always get a kick out of these kinds of posts.  Looking for a quality reliable product at a fraction of what real world prices are.  If there was such a product on the market, do you think any of us would be willingly forking over huge amounts of money for the higher quality product?  Of course not.

The discussions always end up revolving around which pile of shit is the better pile of shit.  But, in the end, they are both piles of shit, so does it really matter which one smells less?

It only matters that they smell different, apparently.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2017, 08:24:04 AM »

You've just answered 90% of the questions posted on the forum.  This should be a sticky.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2017, 08:24:04 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.