ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Decent Dual Wireless (Handheld) <= around $400  (Read 6621 times)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: Decent Dual Wireless (Handheld) <= around $400
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2017, 09:20:05 AM »

OK Ben...Your gig must be done by now.
While we have been chatting among ourselves, what did you do, how much did it cost and how did it work?
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2017, 09:28:44 AM »

This is for corporate use.. probably no musical performance (tho anything is possible)..

but they want something decent sounding..
and reliable..
and from a manufacturer able and willing to sell replacement transmitters or receivers..
and while they want cardioid handhelds now, they might want lavaliers later, using the same receiver..

and they don't want to spend a ton.. but don't want cheap Chinese garbage either.  Nothing against Chinese gear.. if it's decent quality.. just not the cheap stuff, and not if it's unsupported.

and the budget is around $400 or less for a receiver and two transmitters..
and I need it in NYC in 2 days!

Suggestions?

My first pick was the Shure BLX288/PG58 system.. but that's $520.  The Samson Concert 288 SWC288HQ6 is $300 and I'm not a huge fan of Samson but I'd go there before I'd touch something like Vocopro or Nady...

Thanks!

I have had good luck with my Audio Technica 3000 wireless mics with both handheld and lav packs.
Will it fit in your budget....not quite....

Northern Sound and Light has competitive prices.

Justin Goodman

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2017, 04:48:05 PM »

eBay is flooded with 600mhz stuff ... buy some, use it, and re-sell it ... if you take good auction pics and have strong eBay feedback, you might even come out slightly ahead?

If you can re-sell quickly and short term credit card finance it (I.e. have them float it for your statement period), you basically have an unlimited budget...

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2017, 06:35:49 PM »

Yeah, except some wireless providers (like T-Mobile) have already started rolling out testing on their 600MHz devices. Wouldn't it just be lovely to buy a 600MHz kit, only to find enough interference to make the gear unusable?!?

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Ben Mehlman

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2017, 05:36:57 PM »

OK Ben...Your gig must be done by now.
While we have been chatting among ourselves, what did you do, how much did it cost and how did it work?

Hi, thanks to everyone for the suggestions..
Actually, I'm well aware of how much good wireless costs, having come from a theatre background.. tho the last time I needed lots of wireless, the Sennheiser Mikroport was still hot.. and Vega.. so that was QUITE a while ago.  Before that, HME!  I miss the Vega's actually.

But actually I've had good luck with lower priced Shure, it's not all that bad.

So, what happened with the gig is that I advised the client of the situation, and that the Shure system was really the lowest system he could expect somewhat professional results from.  The needs in this case aren't SUPER critical.. it was a Christmas party at a small (150 person) company, not fortune 500...  His goal was to invest in something and then have it around for future needs.

He's a technical guy so he understood.  In the end, a DJ hired for the occasion supplied a couple of SM58's and  I was off the hook.. I'll help him get something later, probably used... 

Thanks again to all.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2017, 05:36:57 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.