ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crazy Weather Round Here  (Read 6633 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Crazy Weather Round Here
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 02:28:08 PM »

Final snowfall from last night was 6" here in the Boston area, which is not much to be concerned with. Driveway is 180' long and up to 3 cars wide, then wraps around house to back of basement door, and all up hill. Snow blower had it all gone in about 1/2 hour. Snow blower I own is an Ariens Pro 28. 18hp and able to throw even wet snow 100'. Time for nap now.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 07:01:46 PM »

Final snowfall from last night was 6" here in the Boston area, which is not much to be concerned with. Driveway is 180' long and up to 3 cars wide, then wraps around house to back of basement door, and all up hill. Snow blower had it all gone in about 1/2 hour. Snow blower I own is an Ariens Pro 28. 18hp and able to throw even wet snow 100'. Time for nap now.
That is a kick ass poodle eater you have there!  18hp wow.  That thing will go through several feet of snow and drifts with no problem.
I have a 5hp Ariens and If its 10-14 inches I have to take it pretty slow or it will bog down.

GenePink

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 12:10:37 AM »

That is a kick ass poodle eater you have there!   

Poodle eater??? Not heard that description.

That paints a picture in the mind. I'm seeing it cartoon style, plowing through a dense patch of poodles, flinging them 100 feet away like a machine gun with sound effects, uninjured, of course. A poodle lands on it's feet, then two seconds later a cluster of fleas follow and land on him right back in their original spots. Then comes a collar with a cutesy bow. Welcome to Gene's world.

Friday afternoon, I'm in So. Austin, TX. running a snake out to FOH, hearing an almost forgotten sound under my feet, crunching snow. The snake is a 40 pair Whirlwind that was over-undered in the back of a 12 space rack, when it was much warmer. To say it has taken a "set", would be an understatement.They don't like the cold at all.

Someone else is helping by flipping all the under kinks that wouldn't clear on their own (all of them), and I'm pulling on a giant blue spring, somewhere between a Slinky, and an overhead garage door spring. I reach the board, set down the W-3 between patches of snow, and the beast recoils about 20 feet, nearly hitting the other guy in the leg with the W-3.

Wouldn't have hurt him much, we both had long johns on. I live in Austin, there should be no damn reason to wear long johns. [/rant-grumble-bitch about weather]

Gene

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 06:00:22 AM »

That is a kick ass poodle eater you have there!  18hp wow.  That thing will go through several feet of snow and drifts with no problem.
I have a 5hp Ariens and If its 10-14 inches I have to take it pretty slow or it will bog down.

I've thrown small cows with this thing. I've been able to run this snow blower through snow over the intake (24") and it doesn't hesitate. Big bucks though at about $2400. But you get hand warmers which are the balls.

The 6" we had yesterday took about 30 minutes to clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Ecjl3kZQg

BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Stu McDoniel

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 08:00:39 AM »

Poodle eater??? Not heard that description.

That paints a picture in the mind. I'm seeing it cartoon style, plowing through a dense patch of poodles, flinging them 100 feet away like a machine gun with sound effects, uninjured, of course. A poodle lands on it's feet, then two seconds later a cluster of fleas follow and land on him right back in their original spots. Then comes a collar with a cutesy bow. Welcome to Gene's world.

Friday afternoon, I'm in So. Austin, TX. running a snake out to FOH, hearing an almost forgotten sound under my feet, crunching snow. The snake is a 40 pair Whirlwind that was over-undered in the back of a 12 space rack, when it was much warmer. To say it has taken a "set", would be an understatement.They don't like the cold at all.

Someone else is helping by flipping all the under kinks that wouldn't clear on their own (all of them), and I'm pulling on a giant blue spring, somewhere between a Slinky, and an overhead garage door spring. I reach the board, set down the W-3 between patches of snow, and the beast recoils about 20 feet, nearly hitting the other guy in the leg with the W-3.

Wouldn't have hurt him much, we both had long johns on. I live in Austin, there should be no damn reason to wear long johns. [/rant-grumble-bitch about weather]

Gene
Well picture a buddy gets a new snowblower...were standing around it drinking beer and someone says something like the neighbors poodle running into it and whoops what happened to FeeFee the neighbors poodle?  Blew out the shoot 30ft!  So that is where poodle eater came from.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2017, 10:30:43 AM »

I doubt the poodle would just shake it off....   :o

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

GenePink

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2017, 10:12:36 PM »

Well picture a buddy gets a new snowblower...were standing around it drinking beer and someone says something like the neighbors poodle running into it and whoops what happened to FeeFee the neighbors poodle?  Blew out the shoot 30ft!  So that is where poodle eater came from.

Yikes, I didn't realize that came from a true story.

So, how'd he taste? ;)

Practical joke at a chili cookoff:

Sneak by your competitor's pot and drop in a small dog collar. Wait for serving time.

Gene

Stu McDoniel

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2017, 04:44:39 PM »

Yikes, I didn't realize that came from a true story.

So, how'd he taste? ;)

Practical joke at a chili cookoff:

Sneak by your competitor's pot and drop in a small dog collar. Wait for serving time.

Gene
Beautiful :D

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2017, 04:44:39 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.