ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: BLU 103 and shoretel  (Read 5457 times)

Nathan J Schwarzkopf

BLU 103 and shoretel
« on: December 08, 2017, 09:41:57 AM »

Good Morning all.

Do any of you have experience doing VOIP integration with a BLU103 and shoretel?  I have been beating my head against this one for a while now with out luck.  I have been told that shoretel doesn't support 3rd party sip devices well and that is my issue.  I can get the end point to register, and according to IT it all looks good on there end.  When we try to dial an extension it seems to ring to no mans land.  Also when we hit 9 to get to the outside world we get the same ring to nowhere.  The one thing that works is dialing in works well.

Any ideas?

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: BLU 103 and shoretel
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 09:50:56 AM »

Have you talked to the guys at BSS at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Nathan J Schwarzkopf

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 11:30:50 AM »

Have you talked to the guys at BSS at all?

I have.  The gentleman I spoke with was very generous to tell me what he did so..... I'm gonna leave that there, but that said, this is why Im heading to the users to see if anyone has figured it out.

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 01:55:56 PM »

Sounds to me like you need to post this in a telephone techs forum not in an audio forum. Google is your friend.

-Hal

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 03:33:04 PM »

Sounds to me like you need to post this in a telephone techs forum not in an audio forum. Google is your friend.

-Hal

Except one of the members here (myself) happened to be part of the original SIP working group at Motorola when the IETF standards were being hashed out and also is an executive at the company that supports the largest Open Source Telephony project in the world (FreePBX).

Horn blowing aside, SIP, and the RTP protocol (that transports the voice and possibly the DTMF) hates NAT.  Is the  London and the Shortel in the same LAN?

I helped the Zoo in Columbus setup their BSS London so they could dial in SIP and page through it. 

Let's see if we can't figure this out.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Nathan J Schwarzkopf

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 06:36:02 PM »

Except one of the members here (myself) happened to be part of the original SIP working group at Motorola when the IETF standards were being hashed out and also is an executive at the company that supports the largest Open Source Telephony project in the world (FreePBX).

Horn blowing aside, SIP, and the RTP protocol (that transports the voice and possibly the DTMF) hates NAT.  Is the  London and the Shortel in the same LAN?

I helped the Zoo in Columbus setup their BSS London so they could dial in SIP and page through it. 

Let's see if we can't figure this out.

Yes, and No.  The Voip port is set DHCP, gets an address and registered.  The control side of things is set statically and its sitting on a isolated switch.  On the shoretel side is is set as a standard 3rd party endpoint.  I have used a program called X lite with the credentials given to me for the BSS and that program works perfectly.  Beside what I originally stated thats all I can think of.  Fire away with questions...Im all ears!

Thank you very much!!

Nathan

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 06:50:13 AM »

Yes, and No.  The Voip port is set DHCP, gets an address and registered.  The control side of things is set statically and its sitting on a isolated switch.  On the shoretel side is is set as a standard 3rd party endpoint.  I have used a program called X lite with the credentials given to me for the BSS and that program works perfectly.  Beside what I originally stated thats all I can think of.  Fire away with questions...Im all ears!

Thank you very much!!

Nathan

X-Lite has NAT traversal so that's not telling me much other than the credentials are correct.

Answer my first question, is the Shortel and the London in the same network?  What is the IP and subnet mask of those two hosts?

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Nathan Schwarzkopf

• NT Sound
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 11:52:48 AM »

Sorry that my post wasnt clear. 

Yes the Blu and shoretel are on the same network.  Or at least the Voip NIC is anyway. 

Nathan

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 12:02:02 PM »

Sorry that my post wasnt clear. 

Yes the Blu and shoretel are on the same network.  Or at least the Voip NIC is anyway. 

Nathan

Can you talk to IT and get a SPAN (or sniffer) port on the switch in the Voice Vlan?  Use a free program called Wireshark to capture the traffic (or a Linux host with tcpdump) to a PCAP file. 

Place a call and capture the call.  You can then use the SIP trace function in Wireshark to step through the messaging.  I would also be glad to look at it.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Nathan J Schwarzkopf

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 01:14:33 PM »

Can you talk to IT and get a SPAN (or sniffer) port on the switch in the Voice Vlan?  Use a free program called Wireshark to capture the traffic (or a Linux host with tcpdump) to a PCAP file. 

Place a call and capture the call.  You can then use the SIP trace function in Wireshark to step through the messaging.  I would also be glad to look at it.

So as it turns out the salesman for the job would rather drop a QSC (we have interfaced that several times with shoretel) than troubleshoot the BLU. 

Thanks for your effort and if you need anything Ill do what I can to help out.

Take care

Nathan

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 09:10:11 PM »

So as it turns out the salesman for the job would rather drop a QSC (we have interfaced that several times with shoretel) than troubleshoot the BLU. 

Thanks for your effort and if you need anything Ill do what I can to help out.

Take care

Nathan

Send me the Blu - Mark it from: Santa

Your grateful Elf

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 09:10:11 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.