Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

youth camp mic suggestion

(1/2) > >>

Jon Roelfs:
Hello,
I am looking for suggestions on some wired handheld mics to use at a youth camp. The camp is a week long in the summer, so these mics won't get much use. The biggest users would be high school aged kids. Bad mic technique from loud talkers and soft talkers alike. My first instinct was get three sm58's and call it a day but, that seems to high in price. Sounds like nothing to cry to much over if it gets broken at camp.

needs:
Three handheld wired mics for mostly speaking and some singing
prefer no switches on the mics, just causes problems but gaff tape covers them
case to hold all three would be a bonus

Caleb Dueck:

--- Quote from: Jon Roelfs on December 08, 2017, 12:39:00 AM ---Hello,
I am looking for suggestions on some wired handheld mics to use at a youth camp. The camp is a week long in the summer, so these mics won't get much use. The biggest users would be high school aged kids. Bad mic technique from loud talkers and soft talkers alike. My first instinct was get three sm58's and call it a day but, that seems to high in price. Sounds like nothing to cry to much over if it gets broken at camp.

needs:
Three handheld wired mics for mostly speaking and some singing
prefer no switches on the mics, just causes problems but gaff tape covers them
case to hold all three would be a bonus

--- End quote ---
Sennheiser E835 3-pack or CAD Audio. 

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Jonathan Johnson:
If you go much cheaper than SM58 or Sennheiser E835, the problem you will run into is handling noise. Cheaper mics have poor isolation between the capsule and the body so you might hear every movement of the hand.

Poor isolation can also make a microphone more prone to feedback, as sound that hits the mic body telegraphs to the capsule.

Simon_Barrett:
Agreed about the sennheiser e835. Great mic which is very forgiving about pick up pattern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jean-Pierre Coetzee:
If this is a once off usage then rent. If your going to be using it over time then don't skimp.

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version