ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need to upgrade installed distributed audio system in 1000 seat ballroom  (Read 2378 times)

Tom Baynes

Hi All,

I work for a university supporting events in various spaces. One of those spaces is a large ballroom with a capacity of about 1000 seated. The audio system is an installed distributed system, speakers in the ceiling throughout the ballroom. Generally we use the installed system for playback and reinforcement for spoken word, ie lectern mics, wireless lavs and handhelds. Recently I had an event where the audience would not shut up and I was unable to push a couple wireless handhelds above the noise in the room without distortion. I will be upgrading our DSP to a Tesira I/O soon and I am curious if anyone has suggestions for upgrading the rest of the system, ie new speakers and/or amps or any other options that might improve the quality of sound and allow me some more headroom. 

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Need to upgrade installed distributed audio system in 1000 seat ballroom
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 12:57:08 PM »

Hi All,

I work for a university supporting events in various spaces. One of those spaces is a large ballroom with a capacity of about 1000 seated. The audio system is an installed distributed system, speakers in the ceiling throughout the ballroom. Generally we use the installed system for playback and reinforcement for spoken word, ie lectern mics, wireless lavs and handhelds. Recently I had an event where the audience would not shut up and I was unable to push a couple wireless handhelds above the noise in the room without distortion. I will be upgrading our DSP to a Tesira I/O soon and I am curious if anyone has suggestions for upgrading the rest of the system, ie new speakers and/or amps or any other options that might improve the quality of sound and allow me some more headroom.
It would help HUGE AMOUNTS if you gave some model numbers of what is currently being used.

Without that, how would you know if any suggestions are an upgrade or a downgrade.

What you are asking is like "I need a better car-what do you suggest"?

A 67 Beetle might be an upgrade to what you have-or it may not be.

YES DETAILS MATTER-A LOT
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 02:13:43 PM »

In addition to what Ivan said [model numbers], pictures of the space & dimensions would be helpful.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 02:13:43 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.