ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 01V96 Mute routing  (Read 4624 times)

Bradford "BJ" James

01V96 Mute routing
« on: December 06, 2017, 01:51:31 PM »

At a service call today. Installed mixer is a 01V96. It's been 6 years since I've had my hands on one, so I am a little rusty on the configuration.
Client is having issues with monitor feedback. I get poking around a bit and see that aux's are set Post fade. I change to pre fade and think that's it. Check the change with a mic, and mute the channel. Mic is still coming through the stage wedge. I switch to sends on faders and see the channel is off (aux is on, master is up and channel fader up). Obviously the ON button (01v doesn't label it as mute) has been moved further down the chain than it should be, but a quick scroll through all the menu's didn't provide me with a page where I could change this.
Anyone still using one that could provide me an answer? I just d/l the manual and it makes no mention of this.
Thanks,
BJ
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Mark Olsen

• Canberra, Australia
Re: 01V96 Mute routing
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 02:12:21 PM »

Its been a while for me too, but I seem to remember that each AUX can be pre mute, pre EQ and post EQ.
I found a photo on the Internet of the AUX send config page

https://images.reverb.com/image/upload/s--6IhV65Ai--/a_exif,c_limit,e_unsharp_mask:80,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_620,q_90,w_620/v1429218049/tpj3ckzco6qwfrfy58to.jpg

If that worked right, on this image, look over to the right, you can set where the "pre" point is

Mark

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 02:18:26 PM »

Its been a while for me too, but I seem to remember that each AUX can be pre mute, pre EQ and post EQ.
I found a photo on the Internet of the AUX send config page

https://images.reverb.com/image/upload/s--6IhV65Ai--/a_exif,c_limit,e_unsharp_mask:80,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_620,q_90,w_620/v1429218049/tpj3ckzco6qwfrfy58to.jpg

If that worked right, on this image, look over to the right, you can set where the "pre" point is

Mark

Mark beat me to it.  Yup, that's the ticket....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 02:28:03 PM »

Sounds like you found the Mackie Emulation Option.   ;)

Is the PRE/POST MUTE function just for one of the later models of 01V96?  The original manual makes no mention of it, but there are at least two other versions.

GTD

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 02:47:52 PM »

Lol, it'd been so long since I used one I actually entertained the thought that it wasn't an option to select the mute point. But I knew Yamaha wouldn't do that.
I do recall seeing that screen in the past but didn't see anything in the manual. I'm sure that will fix them up.
Thanks a lot for the quick help fellas.
Cheers,
BJ
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 08:41:10 PM »

That screen is the pre or post fade for the channels Aux send group selected.  Global sets all the channels at once. The box below will only set the channel selected. You can have 1 channel pre fade and another post fade. Post eq is fixed as well.I purchased an O1v96 in 2003 and just semi retired it last month , mute ( on off ) is for all channel aux sends and L/R.  I can't recall anyway to change this. To be honest I always wanted auxes to mute when channel was turned off so I never looked any farther.  If you can find a way let me know.

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 01:37:45 PM »

Doug, Are you saying your 01V DOES mute the signal to Aux's as well as LR in your current config? On this clients 01V the channel only mutes LR and NOT the signal to aux's. We would like to have the channel On/Off mute all.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 05:58:20 PM »

Doug, Are you saying your 01V DOES mute the signal to Aux's as well as LR in your current config? On this clients 01V the channel only mutes LR and NOT the signal to aux's. We would like to have the channel On/Off mute all.

Yes, everything mutes.  I have the original O1v96 not V2 or the new I version.  Gulp, I never knew any other way was possible with 14 years on the desk.
How many channels are being used? Any chance they are doing a split for monitors?  Channel 1 also feeding channel 17 , channel 2 feeding 18  etc. That might explain it.

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 06:51:10 PM »

I just pulled the mixer out from my closet. I used a microphone in channel 1 and fed all 8 auxes. Called up the master screen. Had signal in all masters. Muted channel 1 and all meters stopped showing signal.  Put cans on and soloed each aux master and again each send muted when on button was turned off.  Still not happy I took a ride to my heated storage and picked up a powered monitor. Assigned aux 1/4 to omni outs 1/4. Auxes 5/8 to xlr card 1/4 out. Again muting (turning off ) channel 1 muted the 8 auxes.  Last I went through the board trying to stop this from happening and couldn't find a way. Not in the 2 user preferences or elsewhere. I'd look in the routing section in their board for multi channel patches or maybe somehow assigned to a bus then bus to omni.  But still a bus should mute with the channel....  Again I have the oldest model and the newer ones may have a way to not mute the auxes with channel off.  Let me know if you need me to try something else.

Douglas R. Allen
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 06:55:10 PM by Douglas R. Allen »

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 08:07:57 PM »

I did notice something in my manual. In the link above that shows the the" aux send tab" the view is different than mine. Mine shows "mode" then under that fixed/variable then under that globle pre/post.  If board is set to "Fixed" all channels are set to 0db and only on/off is shown. If their board is a old one and it is set to "fixed" then they may not be connected to the channel on/off on the home layer and aux send would be channel gain dependant. If their board is as in the image above then the "prepoint" may be for pre/post on/off from the master layer. Don't have a way to check it on my desk. If nothing else there is a difference between the series that need to be looked at.

Douglas R. Allen

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 08:07:57 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.