ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IAS Fail?  (Read 2580 times)

Patrick Riley

IAS Fail?
« on: December 05, 2017, 05:08:05 PM »

I had 1 BTR800 4pack (C3), & 12 ULXP J1 rf units. Using IAS, I tuned up the BTR first using the user defined group option, then added the J1 units using the default settings in IAS, as well as recent scan data. After tuning the 12 rf units, I had a direct intermod hit  between 2 of my mics. This has me baffled. Any suggestions as to how this could happen?

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: IAS Fail?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 05:14:30 PM »

I had 1 BTR800 4pack (C3), & 12 ULXP J1 rf units. Using IAS, I tuned up the BTR first using the user defined group option, then added the J1 units using the default settings in IAS, as well as recent scan data. After tuning the 12 rf units, I had a direct intermod hit  between 2 of my mics. This has me baffled. Any suggestions as to how this could happen?

If the IM hit was between 2 of your mics, how far away was it?  3rd order default is 99K which is allowed.

Triple beats can be as close as 49K.

Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Patrick Riley

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 06:47:50 PM »

If the IM hit was between 2 of your mics, how far away was it?  3rd order default is 99K which is allowed.

Triple beats can be as close as 49K.

I didn't have any metal pans to isolate the transmitters. The 2 offenders were somewhere around .500Mhz apart, but were in close physical proximity.

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 10:42:08 PM »

I didn't have any metal pans to isolate the transmitters. The 2 offenders were somewhere around .500Mhz apart, but were in close physical proximity.

Once you put two powered on transmitters in close proximity without any shielding from each other, all bets are off for IM hits. if this goes away as you separate them to a normal working distance then your IAS file is fine.
You can alternate the antenna end of the mics/bodypacks away from each other to try and lessen this interference.
Even foil cake pans from the dollar store will help.

Mike Kahrs

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 04:54:25 PM »

...even foil cake pans from the dollar store will help.

Smart & Final has by far the best prices on metal bread/cake/meatloaf pans.
Why know when you can guess...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 04:54:25 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.