ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Email DJ scams?  (Read 7201 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Email DJ scams?
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 05:55:03 PM »

No, but that's not really a scam, just simple incompetence on the part of the church's accountants. There's no reason they should EVER pay two separate companies/entities with one check, made out to one of the companies. Just sheer insanity.

[But yes, the lighting company should have also questioned the extra funds, rather than ASSuming it was a bonus for them...]
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2017, 06:41:20 PM »

No, but that's not really a scam, just simple incompetence on the part of the church's accountants. There's no reason they should EVER pay two separate companies/entities with one check, made out to one of the companies. Just sheer insanity.

[But yes, the lighting company should have also questioned the extra funds, rather than ASSuming it was a bonus for them...]
Yeah, not a scam, just somebody not paying attention to where the money goes.

The lighting "company" was small trunk slammer type operation, so they just took the money and ran.

A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Lyle Williams

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2017, 06:21:14 PM »

Maybe I am wrong, but can't you take the check to your bank and get near instantaneous confirmation of funds.  Deposit the check, wait for transfer, then proceed.

That assumption is the heart of the scam.  The bank makes funds available, but (say) two weeks later works out that the cheque was a dud.  The bank takes the money back from you at that time.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2017, 02:49:43 PM »

That assumption is the heart of the scam.  The bank makes funds available, but (say) two weeks later works out that the cheque was a dud.  The bank takes the money back from you at that time.
You missed his point. You tell your bank, "I'm not sure if this is good." They contact the other bank at that time, verifies that the funds are available. They make the funds available to you. If the other bank misled YOUR bank as to the availability of funds, that's their problem to deal with.

I think. I am not a banking professional.
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

David Allred

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2017, 03:49:22 PM »

You missed his point. You tell your bank, "I'm not sure if this is good." They contact the other bank at that time, verifies that the funds are available. They make the funds available to you. If the other bank misled YOUR bank as to the availability of funds, that's their problem to deal with.

I think. I am not a banking professional.
:)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2017, 03:49:22 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.