ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: powered speakers for installation.  (Read 2476 times)

bharat bhushan

powered speakers for installation.
« on: December 04, 2017, 03:15:45 PM »

Hello all,

I am looking for a powered speaker setup for an installation in a religious community centre.

Material would be mostly live acoustic/Classical music with speeches.my approach for powered speakers is to get lossless audio and ability to control the loudness of each box as per area.driver size i am looking for is 10''. I have found prx710 to be eligible for this job. Any suggestions are welcome.

Building has two floors. Ground floor has a main hall (80' x 80') and a lobby (80' x 20').
Basement has  the dining area(80' x 80'). Approximately 16 speakers would be spreaded throughout the venue and some ceiling speakers will be required for some remote areas and stairs where 70volt could be done.

Please suggest.

Warm Regards
Bharat

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
Re: powered speakers for installation.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 03:43:51 PM »

Most correct answer:

Find a licensed & insured sound installer and/or consultant to design a proper system.

----

Powered boxes will require an electrician increasing costs.

Why do you think it will require 16 speakers?

You didn't mention budget.

Or room height?
---

If you just want a powered speaker suggestion...?

Get the Martin CDD-LIVE 8
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 06:23:50 PM »

Hello all,

I am looking for a powered speaker setup for an installation in a religious community centre.

Material would be mostly live acoustic/Classical music with speeches.my approach for powered speakers is to get lossless audio and ability to control the loudness of each box as per area.driver size i am looking for is 10''. I have found prx710 to be eligible for this job. Any suggestions are welcome.

Building has two floors. Ground floor has a main hall (80' x 80') and a lobby (80' x 20').
Basement has  the dining area(80' x 80'). Approximately 16 speakers would be spreaded throughout the venue and some ceiling speakers will be required for some remote areas and stairs where 70volt could be done.

Please suggest.

Warm Regards
Bharat

In general principle, you want the fewest (preferable only one) acoustic signals arriving at the listener.  The reason ceiling speakers are popular in installations is that the areas of overlap tend to be more equidistant and the majority of listeners are under an individual loudspeaker.

You have other issues, such as getting signals between floors of the facility and you haven't mentioned if both floors need the same program feed at all times or if there will be independent programs as well as the need to have both floors reproduce the same program.

It's not about equipment - there are plenty of loudspeakers from multiple manufacturers.  What you need are solid system design criteria so you can determine *if* the products you most likely want to use will fulfill those criteria.  If not, you may have to change brands or models.  Further, using powered speakers for the reason of balancing zones or having individual control over zones is really, really a bad design.  Zone control needs to be locked out from unauthorized users or meddling "friends".  Like loudspeakers there is no shortage of equipment to control zones, combine or separate them automatically (like opening or closing an "air wall" in a ballroom) and provide separate EQ, compression/limiting and other control for each zone, things that are difficult to implement in an install of powered and non-networked speakers.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 06:27:10 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 06:23:50 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.