ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Billing customers based on show size?  (Read 891 times)

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
Re: Billing customers based on show size?
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 08:21:21 pm »

My thought is that since they're both speaker on stick systems, most customers won't differentiate between the two. I really think the average person hear with their eyes. I have SM80's and I would pay more for them. Actually, I did. But I don't think the average person would.

I think you could charge more for the fly package but I don't see the average customer paying extra for the SM80's. They'll probably just go with a lower quote with someone that has DSR112's.
Yeah, I hear you. The main reason for purchasing the SM80 system was to replace my 6 QSC KLA12 speakers and maintain equal quality and volume (which they have no problem doing). The KLA rig looked more impressive, but the SM80/TH118 rig is a 1-man setup that doesnít require trues.

I guess this goes back to getting hired for the job, not the gear. If the client is happy with the end result, thatís what matters, and if I can differentiate the packages with truss and extra sub(s), that may help too.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 08:42:41 pm »

Yeah, I hear you. The main reason for purchasing the SM80 system was to replace my 6 QSC KLA12 speakers and maintain equal quality and volume (which they have no problem doing). The KLA rig looked more impressive, but the SM80/TH118 rig is a 1-man setup that doesnít require trues.

I guess this goes back to getting hired for the job, not the gear. If the client is happy with the end result, thatís what matters, and if I can differentiate the packages with truss and extra sub(s), that may help too.

Pacifier/placebo speaker cabinets... 

Decades ago (in my van load of PA days) I lost gigs because my rig was too efficient/physically small for "rock and roll."  I eventually bought some blown up boxes at a pawn shop to stack around the real PA to make it look "rock enough". 
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 08:08:22 pm »

Pacifier/placebo speaker cabinets... 

Decades ago (in my van load of PA days) I lost gigs because my rig was too efficient/physically small for "rock and roll."  I eventually bought some blown up boxes at a pawn shop to stack around the real PA to make it look "rock enough".
Ha! I love it. I have a couple of friends who play in a classic rock cover band. They are using Fractal Axe FX guitar processors, but they still bring 2 full stacks of dummy cabs to make it look bigger :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.