Church and H.O.W. Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

Berhringer X32

(1/4) > >>

John Burns:
Thanks for the add, I'm brand new in this forum.  I apologize in advance if my question has already been addressed.

The issue is that the praise team leader will read scripture or talk between songs.  I have to ride the fader because she will drop out of the house when she does that. I have been told that there is a way to set her mic channel so that I can set a "talk" level that is separate from the singing levels.  I need help figuring out how to do that. 

In other words, is there a fix so that I don't have to anticipate and ride her fader?

Corey Scogin:
I can't think of a feasible automated solution that doesn't require you to do something.

The real solution is to speak with your praise team leader about staying in the mic when speaking.

Keith Broughton:

--- Quote from: Corey Scogin on December 03, 2017, 01:05:36 pm ---

The real solution is to speak with your praise team leader about staying in the mic when speaking.

--- End quote ---
First we need to know what kind of mic.
Lav, headset, lectern, handheld?

Robert Lofgren:
In the config section of a channel strip you can select an input source.

By assigning two channel strips to the same input you can process each different and set the correct levels.

Luke Geis:
The only thing I can think of is to set up a ducker on the singers channels that is triggered by the Praise leaders channel. This will " duck the singers under her. The issue is that the singers will swell in and out, which to me is actually the way it should be. I prefer to set a peak level instead of trying to make something go above the level that is already there.

If you bus the singers to a single mix you can trigger that mix bus to duck to the praise leader schannel. This way you only have to set one setting to the whole group singers instead of one for each singer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version