ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fake Sennheiser EW 300g3 off of eBay??  (Read 8442 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Fake Sennheiser EW 300g3 off of eBay??
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 12:51:59 PM »

Just a reminder regarding vendors of legitimate products - Conrad is in Uganda.
Oh, absolutely understood. But I also know eBay shares the US site with their international sites, so it's becoming easy for international buyers to find product that's being sold in the US only. (My dealer agreements require that I only sell and ship within the US; all of my listings state as such. Which leads to amusement when someone messages me and is all "do you ship to Vulcan" or whatever....) They also offer a Global Shipping program, to make it very easy for a US-based seller to sell internationally without worrying about the hassles of international shipping. I choose to not participate in that program, as I feel that's too close to "Offering International Sales" to conform with my dealer agreements.

I'm sure there's legit Sennheiser channels for Uganda, but looks like he was buying used/on a budget...

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 02:25:48 PM »

Well just had a look, he would have to either send it here to South Africa or to the head of EMEA which is Dubai.

Maybe he is better of sending it back, should still follow Lee's link and check it there.

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 03:14:03 PM »

The best possible (but unlikely) scenario here is that one is real and one is fake, because serial numbers are SERIAL. That means that by definition, no two are alike. The OP can and should file an eBay fraud claim against the seller to recover every penny. No matter what the seller says. It's as simple as that. Sending them anywhere at this point is just foolish.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jonathan Woytek

• http://www.dryrose.com
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 10:41:07 PM »

Unfortunately, here is a video from 2015 describing a similar fake, and some of the identifying characteristics. Most of those characteristics are present in the photos of the OP's units. The serial number is even the same as the one in the video.

The thing that made me look closer before I even noticed the identical serial numbers? The fitment of the BNC panel-mounts.

https://youtu.be/lL6YMcaks1s
Jonathan Woytek
Dryrose Productions

Conrad Muzoora

• Mbarara, Uganda. www.koolinvestments.co.ug
    • Kool Events Uganda
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 12:30:49 AM »

Thank you everyone for the swift responses.
I purchased the items from MA and shipped them to my re-shipper Nile Cargo http://nilecargocarrier.com also based in MA USA. It is now crystal clear from the youtube video that these are indeed knockoffs. I initiated contact with the seller and he immediately accepted return. He even refunded the 886.45$ (inclusive of shipping and taxes) to my Paypal. Only dilemma is that eBay gave me up to Monday 11th Dec to confirm the return shipment. I have a friend returning to the US over this weekend but am worried he can't have them shipped before the deadline, in which case eBay will freeze my refund.
Am going to call eBay today and see if they can extend that period given my predicament.
Conrad

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 08:51:26 AM »

Sadly, the first red flag is buying anything Sennheiser or Shure from eBay - waaay too many dodgy items around, especially when you're in for high shipping costs.

Second red flag, obviously, is the duplicate serial numbers.

Third one is the instant offer of a refund from the seller.

I naively bought a couple of e935s a while ago.  The seller sent me e945s instead as "he'd run out of e935s and these were better".  Everything about them was fake - the pouch, the printing on the user manual, the look of the mic, the packaging.  A quick call to Sennheiser confirmed.  In the UK, you're actually advised not to return fake goods.  eBay refunded quickly, the seller whinged about not receiving his junk back to con someone more gullible.  I learnt never to make that mistake again.

Conrad Muzoora

• Mbarara, Uganda. www.koolinvestments.co.ug
    • Kool Events Uganda
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 11:50:46 PM »

Sadly, the first red flag is buying anything Sennheiser or Shure from eBay - waaay too many dodgy items around, especially when you're in for high shipping costs.

Second red flag, obviously, is the duplicate serial numbers.

Third one is the instant offer of a refund from the seller.

I naively bought a couple of e935s a while ago.  The seller sent me e945s instead as "he'd run out of e935s and these were better".  Everything about them was fake - the pouch, the printing on the user manual, the look of the mic, the packaging.  A quick call to Sennheiser confirmed.  In the UK, you're actually advised not to return fake goods.  eBay refunded quickly, the seller whinged about not receiving his junk back to con someone more gullible.  I learnt never to make that mistake again.

I was able to return these at a cost a little over 100$ with economy shipping. I obviously lost close to 300$ on this deal. Very painful, but sometimes i have no choice but to buy online. Very expensive lesson i tell ya. Ebay didn't seem to care, they said that since he had refunded, i had no deadline on the return time but still had the obligation to do so. Imagine shipping back that crap.
Next time i will be more careful.
Conrad

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 11:58:31 PM »

Painful lesson, but better to have recouped SOME of your money.... I got burned on some counterfeit Sennheiser about 10 years ago-- they shipped from China (red flag BIG TIME!) -- and I didn't start the refund process in time, so (at the time the limit was 45 days) I was out $1100 or so. For gear that simply didn't work. Too bad they got stolen a couple years later.....

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 12:26:03 AM »

I was out $1100 or so. For gear that simply didn't work. Too bad they got stolen a couple years later.....

-Ray

Many many years ago I was working as a carpenter building an off B'way set in a downtown theater. I burned out my cheap Skilsaw and in disgust went out to lunch leaving it sitting in the middle of the job. When I got back from lunch it was gone. Made my day thinking about whoever stole it.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 12:26:03 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 24 queries.