ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Powesoft K3 won't turn on  (Read 1579 times)

tedbaker

Powesoft K3 won't turn on
« on: December 05, 2017, 08:31:46 AM »

HI just got a k3 back from a job. It was covered in dust, so I got a compressed air blower and cleaned out the front. I didn't power it on before I cleaned it but after I cleaned it, the unit won't power on. Have I damaged the unit with the compressed air?
Can anyone help please!

Thanks

Patrick Campbell

• Jury's Out Rock Band
Re: Powesoft K3 won't turn on
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 10:13:51 AM »

Hey There,

I had an issue a couple times with a K3 - where it would not turn on at all.

Had to ship it back -

Check your power cord and see if it damaged on the inside of amp......... mine had pieces of metal all over the inside of cable receptacle and the three prong inside the amp were damaged.

Did you turn it on and not give it enough time to cycle and actually turn on ???  I am not a patient person but I have learned to be patient with my power soft racks - turning them on and back off and on again I think may have caused the damage to mine. The repair was under warranty the first time but when it happened again t cost me about $475 to repair it.

Since then I have had no issues at all and LOVE these amps through my EV PX218's and EV QRX153/75's  - very musical, clean and powerful !

Hope that helps a little

Patrick

Mark Oakley

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 11:19:15 AM »

I had a problem this summer with one of my 2 M50Q DSP+Eth amps, which I use on monitors . It worked fine for a whole gig, I turned it off, and the next time I turned it on it wouldn't power up. I opened it up, replaced the fuse, and when I plugged it back in to the wall (with the switch off) the fuse blew again.

I took it in for repair: apparently 6 Mosfets needed replacing (the unit is just over a year old). Since getting it back the amp section works great, but now it won't connect to Armonia. I can ping the amp and get a return signal, but Armonia won't see it. IP address/Subnet Mask/Default Gateway are all set correctly. Support from the Powersoft Forum is also hit-and-miss. I may call the US distributor for support and may have to send the unit to them.

Great amps-a bit delicate in the real world.

-Mark
Oakley Audio

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 11:19:15 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.