ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Why everyone's home should have a basement  (Read 17326 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Why everyone's home should have a basement
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2017, 08:25:07 PM »

One of the Nutcracker crews?  This weekend is the last of three separate (local!) Nutcracker productions. I'm lucky to get the music out of my head by New Years....

Yeah.  We have 3 or 4 productions, 2 of which have IATSE crew.  If my cancellations had come a couple days earlier I would have taken a call.  I'd rather work than not.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2017, 11:30:39 AM »

One of the Nutcracker crews?  This weekend is the last of three separate (local!) Nutcracker productions. I'm lucky to get the music out of my head by New Years....
don't worry Mark. It will all be "fresh and new" next year.  ::)
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2017, 01:19:54 PM »

Chris.

It takes powerful medication to erase those memories.  :-X
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2017, 05:37:23 PM »

It takes powerful medication to erase those memories.  :-X
Ya, no shit.
And yet, every year "we" regale the world with the same stories....  :o

Again.....

Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

John Fruits

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2017, 07:28:51 PM »

OK guys, quit yer yappin' about your nuts and the crackers thereof.  For real pain talk of those Little Miz Diva shows with all the stage moms who learned all the tricks from watching those Sureality TV shows on the dysfunctional family channel.
Not to get back on track, there is a down side with basements in oil refinery towns.  Where I live they buy up vacant houses and demo them so there is now a parkland buffer between the refinery and the town.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2017, 09:30:21 PM »

OK guys, quit yer yappin' about your nuts and the crackers thereof.  For real pain talk of those Little Miz Diva shows with all the stage moms who learned all the tricks from watching those Sureality TV shows on the dysfunctional family channel.
Not to get back on track, there is a down side with basements in oil refinery towns.  Where I live they buy up vacant houses and demo them so there is now a parkland buffer between the refinery and the town.

One of the cheer/dance/diva events that uses our PAC was so overtaken by Stage Mommies that they moved all tech control to the judges area (where The Dearest Mommies are verboten).  The only good thing about most of these events is the challenge the tracks present for your Instant EQ skills and maybe practicing your mind-reading.

Same PAC, but youth musical theatre company - some of the least-intrusive parents I've witnessed at rehearsals.  Awesome adults that mostly behave as adults and tend to be genuinely helpful.  I wish every youth oriented company was so fortunate.

Obligatory topical tie in:  the PAC has a basement :o.  with a scene shop, stage equipment repair bay, dressing rooms, rehearsal hall, costume shop & laundry, storage... IOW almost like Bob's.  ;)  The upstairs is a little more involved.   ::)

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:32:41 PM by Tim McCulloch »

Lyle Williams

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2017, 11:11:10 PM »

Basement/subfloor story from today:

I have having a pool put in.  The guys core drilled half way through my concrete slab to install the supports of the glass pool fence.

Each of the holes took about 2 cups of concrete.  Except for the one that they couldn't keep full, which took abiut 10 gal and still wasn't full.

Result = 10 gal concrete all over my power tools stored in the subfloor/basement area.

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2017, 11:52:12 PM »

Chris.

Thanks. My 26th year working one of the productions....  I can pretty much do their pre-show announcement from memory (but I have the script in front of me anyway).
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Tom Bourke

• http://www.cwalv.com
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2017, 12:48:07 AM »

Result = 10 gal concrete all over my power tools
I would be PISSED.  Events like that are what make it so hard for me to trust contractors.
I have a mild form of Dyslexia that affects my ability to spell.  I do use spell checking to help but it does not always work.  My form of Dyslexia does not affect my reading.  Dyslexics of the world untie! <a href="http://www.cwalv.com" target="_blank">http://www.cwalv.com</a>

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2017, 09:34:15 PM »

Jesus Christ, didn't they at least feel the drill go through when they punched the core. I would be wicked pissed.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2017, 09:34:15 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.