ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions, digital keyboard, speaker, etc.  (Read 2665 times)

Mike Mossey

Questions, digital keyboard, speaker, etc.
« on: November 30, 2017, 06:26:02 PM »

Hello,

This is related to choosing a digital piano keyboard and a speaker to go with it. I'm helping a friend who is a voice teacher. He probably will never use it in church, but I'm posting here because I imagine there are similar considerations to using such equipment in church.

He needs a 72 key digital piano or similar type keyboard. His budget would be in the range of 200 to 400 dollars. That's easy enough to find, but my question is whether he should get one with a built-in speaker as opposed to getting a separate speaker.  If he gets a separate speaker his budget might be 100 to $150 for that.

Note that he will use this system to accompany singers, mainly in practice situations. It doesn't have to be loud. He also wants to record the students with his iPad and an iRig microphone and play it for them.

Argument in favor of built-in speaker:  it's convenient. But can it play a recording from an external source such as his iPad, or can it only play its own digital piano sound?

External speaker: may be better quality, and it might only way to play back the iPad recordings.

Any help or links are appreciated.

Mike

Mike Mossey

Re: Questions, digital keyboard, speaker, etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 07:02:57 PM »

There wasn't any obvious instruction when I created my profile to choose my real name as my alias, and I only now saw the sticky post. I wasn't able to change my alias, but in any case my real name is Mike Mossey. Maybe a mod can explain how to change my alias.

Taylor Phillips

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 07:36:12 PM »

There wasn't any obvious instruction when I created my profile to choose my real name as my alias, and I only now saw the sticky post. I wasn't able to change my alias, but in any case my real name is Mike Mossey. Maybe a mod can explain how to change my alias.
Go to PROFILE -> MODIFY PROFILE ->Account Settings and edit the Name field

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 07:36:12 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.